We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pan Pacific hotel to Victoria Island for a day trip/weather

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
144 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Pan Pacific hotel to Victoria Island for a day trip/weather

Can someone advise me the best way for us to get from the Pan Pacific hotel to Victoria Island for a day trip? I have heard the ferry is good but have no idea where you would pick that up from or should we drive there?

Also we are arriving on Wednesday how is the weather forecast for the week? We are coming from Florida where it is HOT and wasn’t sure if we would need heavy jackets.

Thanks.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
144 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pan Pacific hotel to Victoria Island for a day trip/weather

Forget this question about the day trip to Vicoria I just found a post and I had no idea it was so far away for a day trip :-(

Port McNeill
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pan Pacific hotel to Victoria Island for a day trip/weather

Visiting Victoria (as compared to all of Vancouver Island) can be done in a day if you fly from Vancouver Harbour to Victoria Harbour by sea plane. The planes leave just blocks ways from the Pan Pacific and land you right downtown Victoria where almost everything is in walking distance.

Checkout Harbour Air www.harbour-air.com . Flights are $100 to $135 each way. Maybe a bit steep just for transportation for the day but it is a unique experience in itself.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
144 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pan Pacific hotel to Victoria Island for a day trip/weather

Yes that is a bit steep as there are 4 of us and we have other activities planned; but thanks for the info I will check it out anyway :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,993 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pan Pacific hotel to Victoria Island for a day trip/weather

As far as weather goes, its cooled down a bit this week. Generally, expect rain anytime of year in Vancouver. We've been exceptionally dry this year, but no telling if that will change. You may find it cool, but not uncomfortably so. Light jackets that cut the wind and light, long-sleeved shirts will probably be sufficient. You'll see the locals out in shorts and t-shirts and I'm sure you'll soon feel the need to keep up. ;>

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
144 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pan Pacific hotel to Victoria Island for a day trip/weather

That sounds like perfect weather for us as it is going into the 90's here by weeks end!!

many thanks

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,993 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pan Pacific hotel to Victoria Island for a day trip/weather

if you do decide to go I like the smaller tour operators. Look at Landsea tours as a good option. Its a long day but the ferry is beautiful and the trip is wonderful. Your on vacation, splurge a bit.

7. Re: Pan Pacific hotel to Victoria Island for a day trip/weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2009, 08:18