We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butchart Gardens

Pennsylvania
3 posts
Save Topic
Butchart Gardens

We are visiting Vancouver for a couple days, Jul 10, 11, 12, and want to visit the gardens. Is there transportation from Vancouver to the gardens. Can anyone provide a website? Prefer a boat.

Thank you

dudleywigs@hotmail.com

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,243 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Butchart Gardens

princeofwhales.com

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,268 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Butchart Gardens

www.pacificcoach.com

KC
Level Contributor
136 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Butchart Gardens

we are going there also. we are flying to Vict via Harbour Air seaplane and returning via BC ferry out of Swartz bay. I just wish there was something for my teen boys to do while wife and I tour Butchart. It would have to be very nearby and quite safe. Any ideas?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
334 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Butchart Gardens

Storepak,

No I can not think of anything close to the Butchart Gardens that would keep your boys happy, as you are not travelling by car. Butchart Gardens are fairly isolated on the Saanich Peninsula, so there is nothing really within walking distance.

If you have a car, then you could do something like drop them off at Elk Lake or the Commonwealth Games Pool on your way to Butchart Gardens, or even let them stay downtown at the Royal BC Museum (Victoria is very safe, I use to bus downtown all the time with friends from the age of 10 and just hangout or go to the movies).

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,268 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Butchart Gardens

Storepak:

Butchart will take you 1 to 1.5 hours to really see it properly.

Perhaps keep them with you. There is Butterfly World fairly nearby (20 min walk) but hmmm.... BG is pretty much a self contained destination.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
192 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Butchart Gardens

Try the http:\\www.brewster.ca. Western Canadas motor coach touring buses. They can take you to Butchart Gardens for the day and the harbour in Victoria for shopping, but they go on the ferry to the island

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Butchart Gardens

I went out whale watching while the folks went to the Gardens. Whale watching tour is about 3-4 hours long so it'll give you time to drive out to BG, spend some time there and then head back to meet up. Not sure how old your boys are, but it's really safe and since they're on a boat, no chance of them getting lost in the city!

houston. tx
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Butchart Gardens

Check out Emerald Sea Tours (whale tour) out of Sidney-- we booked it for August. Jeff responded promptly to all email enquires.

jj

Pennsylvania
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Butchart Gardens

Can you tell me the distance from Vancoover to Victoria then on to Butchart GArdens

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,243 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Butchart Gardens

Van to the ferry is just over 20 miles. From the ferry to Victoria is another 20 miles. From Victoria to Butchart is just under 20 miles.