We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at the Pan Pacific

Washington
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking at the Pan Pacific

My wife and I are staying at the Pan Pacific Friday through Sunday and I was taken aback when I realized that parking would be $30 per day. Since we would barely be there Friday and barely on Sunday, $90 seemed an awful lot of money. Where can I park near there that would be cheaper? Or am I just going to have to bite the bullet on this one? Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,268 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at the Pan Pacific

Start filing those teeth, parking is expensive.

Also, leave your car parked and explore the city on foot and/or transit.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,870 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at the Pan Pacific

Pretty much - that's the typical rate for parking in downtown Vancouver, especially all-day parking. There are lots further away (ie: the lot on Georgia & Seymour) which might be a few dollars less, but not by much.

Washington
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at the Pan Pacific

That is what I was afraid of! Oh well, thanks for the heads-up and the advice!

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at the Pan Pacific

If you don't mind walking a few blocks you can park underneath Pacific Centre Mall.

Evening rates (6:00 pm to 6:00 am next morning) cost is $4.00 flat rate

Weekend rates - all day for $4.00

It's a huge lot so can be confusing as to where to park but I think park closest to the Four Seasons Hotel would be ideal. Take the elevator to the upper mall level and walk a few feet to the Four Seasons, cut through their lower lobby and you're right onto Howe Street. From there walk North for about 5 blocks and you'll be at the Pan Pacific. It's odd to walk through a bit of the mall after all the stores have closed but access to the elevator and Four Seasons Hotel is 24 hours so you know you'll be able to get through. I'm sure there are other exits but this is the easiest one I know.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at the Pan Pacific

www.easyparkvancouver.com/EasySearch.aspx…

here's the link for parking info.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking at the Pan Pacific

You might also want to try the Terminal City Club parking lot. Very safe and well lit and closer to the hotel than the ones mentioned above. They won't be super cheap, but possibly $10 cheaper? Here's the link, try emailing them to ask. Entrance is on West Cordova Street between Burrard and Howe. www.tcclub.com

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking at the Pan Pacific

Whereever you park, do not leave anything, I mean anything in the car. Sunglasses, clothes, etc. are all a target for thieves. Don't let anyone see you put something in the trunk in the parking lot. This goes for any parking lot, anywhere, be it a mall in the burbs or a downtown area.

8. Re: Parking at the Pan Pacific

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2009, 06:16