We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blue horizon or lonsdale quay?

virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
blue horizon or lonsdale quay?

which hotel is easiest to drive to , ie: traffic, parking, etc. Thanks

Vancouver
Level Contributor
698 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: blue horizon or lonsdale quay?

Parking at the Lonsdale Quay is easy not sure what the Blue is like but I assume it would be fine as well. If you are spending a lot of time downtown do you really want to be riding the Seabus or driving back and forth?

Ali

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
238 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: blue horizon or lonsdale quay?

The Blue Horizon also has a parking lot attached to the hotel, but foremost you need to be aware that Lonsdale Quay is across the water from downtown in North Vancouver.

The Blue Horizon is most likely more expensive as it is downtown but more convenient as you don't need a car to get around for most of the sights, etc whereas you would need to drive or take the seabus across from Lonsdale Quay to get downtown. And also parking is expensive downtown. Traffic can be a hazzle during rush hour and on weekends to get across Lions Gate Bridge to North Vancouver.

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: blue horizon or lonsdale quay?

We have stayed at the Lonsdale Quay quite a few times but not the Blue Horizon. We did not find taking the sea bus into town inconvenient – we were limited on travel $$ and the price suited us fine. I do not know if the rates are still affordable as I understand they did some renovating a couple of years ago.

Parking at the Quay is easy – underground (remembering correctly I believe it is only one level) and I always loved the market. We would spend the morning of our departure shopping and stocking on our favaourites – loved the soup bar and the beavertails.

4. Re: blue horizon or lonsdale quay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2010, 08:16