We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any suggested stops on drive fm van to whistler?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Topic
any suggested stops on drive fm van to whistler?

Hello,

I will be renting a car to drive to Whistler- I was wondering if anyone has any stops they think would be interesting to stop at on the way up or back?

I am a bit of a photo nut- so any cool places to take pics of, or just places that are worth stopping by.

Thanks again for everyone's help w/planning my adventures.

-sj

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any suggested stops on drive fm van to whistler?

Shannon falls is a nice stop along the way. Stop in Squamish for a bite to eat, many people bypass brackendale but its a quaint little town, not much to do but I always like to take a drive through it.

Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
744 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any suggested stops on drive fm van to whistler?

Depending on when you are driving Brackendale might be a must stop. January is the height of the eagle watching season - the months before and after also offer a wonderful chance of seeing/photographing a bald eagle.

…gov.bc.ca/bcparks/…

On the north shore (North and West Vancouver) there are also some nice stops. This includes Lighthouse Park in West Vancouver ( www.seethenorthshore.com/light/light.htm ), driving up to the view point at Cypress Mountain - it provides wonderful views of Vancouver (the turnoff is well marked, the view point is about 10 minutes off the highway, the view point is before the ski hill), Brandywine Falls and Shannon Falls.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,716 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any suggested stops on drive fm van to whistler?

Here's a list of good places that might be interesting to you:

wildwoodlodge.com/getting_here/things_to_see…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,145 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any suggested stops on drive fm van to whistler?

Yes indeed! Which is why I posted a Top Question (posted in the top right of this page) that reads "What is there to see on the way to Whistler?" I think you'll find several suggestions in there.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
306 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any suggested stops on drive fm van to whistler?

IMO, the most spectacular place to see and photograph the sea-and-mountain scenery is from the top of the Garibaldi Highlands housing area of Squamish, which can be reached via Mamquam Road off the highway. And heading to Vancouver, lots of people stop at Furry Creek Golf Course to take a shot of the 14th hole, which juts out into Howe Sound.

6. Re: any suggested stops on drive fm van to whistler?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2010, 05:19