We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skyline views

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mexico City, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Skyline views

Can anyone suggest good spots for taking photographs of the Vancouver skyline? Any details on how to get there will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Julian

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skyline views

from the north shore..take seabus over from Waterfront station...also possibly from Grouse Mtn..these views will be looking south at the city across Burrard Inlet

from Queen Elizabeth park..looking north towards the city...

from Spanish Banks..take bus along 4th ave ( check www.translink you'll be looking north east

from some of the Canada line stations...Main street science world comes to mind...

I think if you do a search in the search box there was a thread about this about 2 years ago.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,934 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skyline views

From Stanley Park Totems...you can walk. From Cypress Bowl (also called Cypress Mountain) look-out by car. By renting a small speed boat. http://www.boatrentalsvancouver.com/ is just one of many.

Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
746 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skyline views

Some suggestions:

A Vancouver harbour cruise offers wonderful skyline views.

Cypresss Mountain lookout - located about 1/3 of the way up to the top of the mountain. No public transit would need to drive.

Walking around the seawall at Stanley Park. Good views can be found at the totem poles.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skyline views

If you have a car, a drive up Cypress Mountain will give a fantastic view. They have a huge viewpoint stop where you can take pictures from.

Mexico City, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skyline views

Thank you. Your suggestions are noted and I already mapped. I'll have a car, so I'll be going to Cypress Mountain (I'll probably do some snowshoeing there). I'll be sure to report back.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skyline views

I would also recommend Spanish Banks. It is west of the Kitsilano neighborhood, another must do. Just head west down 4th Ave,, past Alma, towards UBC. The beach is long and beautiful, with a view of the downtown area and north shore mountains. Google Spanish Banks and you'll see picutures. You could stop at Granville Island or Kitsilano beach on the way.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skyline views

I would recommend Brockton Point in Stanley Park; also Portside Park (also known as Crab Park); also from Vancouver City Hall. Each will provide a perspective from a different angle.

8. Re: Skyline views

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2010, 05:16