We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Vancouver

beaverton, oregon
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Vancouver

I am planning my sons honeymoon in July in Vancouver. Wheres a cool place to stay downtown? They wont have a car and flying in from Portland, Oregon for 4 days.

I saw The Opus? Its a bit spendy. But I want it to be nice for them and convenient to transit and restaurants etc.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,992 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Vancouver

Honeymoon for me would be in this order: Westin Bayshore (not close to transit but a world class waterfront resort in the middle of a city) Pan Pacific, Sutton, Wedgewood. Pan Pacific for view room. Sutton or Wedgewood for location, spa and class.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
165 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Vancouver

Pan Pacific, west Bayshore, and Marriott

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,177 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Vancouver

Well the Opus would certainly be a very, very cool and one of the trendiest hotels in the city. It's very contemporary and it's right in the heart of Yaletown where they can stumble out the front door and have a nice cluster of restaurants, trendy lounges, pubs, cafes, and upscale boutiques immediately at their doorstep. They'd also be a block away from the seawall (where they can take a water taxi to Granville Island, or simply stroll along and 20 minutes later they can be at English Bay and Stanley Park). If you're looking for a cool, stylish, and hip hotel, the Opus certainly takes the cake in Vancouver. There's also the Canada Line (subway/skytrain) immediately across the street, so even though everything is walkable from the Opus, if they wanted to take public transit elsewhere, they certainly could.

Edited: 21 March 2010, 17:29
Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Vancouver

I don't know what the relative cost would be compared to the Opus, but the Loden is a really nice new boutique hotel with modern decor. I've stayed at both and preferred the Loden.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
818 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Vancouver

When folks are looking for a honeymoon hotel- for a young couple I would agree that the *OPUS hotel would be my first suggestion as it sits in a trendy location with plenty of nightlife.

If your looking at something that is a good bargain and a solid hotel;

*The Blue Horizon Hotel ( sits on a busy shopping area with many cafes)

*The Vancouver Hyatt (just been updated and is very modern with a high tech vibe to it)

We have many more wonderful hotels in the heart of the city and yes it is the peak time for hotels with higher costs but you can always find something.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Vancouver

I would say stick with the Opus for trendy urban style and shift to the Bayshore for more waterfront/park setting style. The Hyatt is nice inside, but it is still more of a business hotel than a romantic getaway.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
487 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Vancouver

I have 3 suggestions:

The Georgian Court Hotel

Opus Hotel

Loden Hotel

All really nice and great options for a honeymoon in Vancouver!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Vancouver

I second the Loden. I have had dinner there and it was amazing and have friends that spent a weekend there and raved about it.

http://www.theloden.com/

Vancouver, BC
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon in Vancouver

Congratulations on your son's wedding! (and becoming a mother-in-law)

I would highly suggest the Sutton - the service is top notch and if they are there for a Sunday book the brunch - its fantastic - live music, singing - when we were there the singer wished my mom a happy birthday even though she had only mentioned it in passing a few days prior! (if you call the concierge they would probably be happy to do that as well as send out a special plate with congratulations on it)

The best reason I say the Sutton is that its centrally located with buses going everywhere and its close to restaurants and shopping.

The friendly atmosphere and amazing service is well worth it even though the views aren't the best if you are on a lower floor :)

10. Re: Honeymoon in Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2010, 05:17