We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to spend 40th b-day?

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How to spend 40th b-day?

Planning on visiting for a week in mid-July....would like to take advantage of a spa, do a day hike, enjoy good eats, maybe a night or two of nightlife(robson?) area, shopping(only a little), maybe a cruise(ferry or dinner cruise)....open for suggestions...can do B&B, nice hotel downtown etc...just husband & I....

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,445 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to spend 40th b-day?

Food on a dinner cruise is pretty ordinary. Check out the Wedgewood Hotel.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
489 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to spend 40th b-day?

If you are staying for a week I would recommend staying in an apartment hotel like Robson Suites www.robsonsuitesvancouver.com I cannot recommend this place enough. Great suites, friendly staff, amazing location. Rates are really great (much cheaper than a hotel room at their weekly rates) and you get a great deal of space. It's really nice having your own kitchen and washer/dryer. Just makes you feel like you're at home.

A gorgeous small hike can be found at Lighthouse park in West Vancouver http://www.vancouverisland.com/parks/?id=485 Amazing views of the city! I recommend driving there with a picnic lunch in a backpack and sitting out in the sun on the rocks! Very nice and romantic!

Also, of course a great trip is up to the Capilano Suspension bridge as well! Really great up there! www.capbridge.com

If you want an amazing spa experience try Spa Utopia www.spautopia.ca you can relax beforehand with lemon or cucmber infused water, wine or delicious tea while snacking on dried fruits and nuts then experience some major relaxation! I highly recommend!

there are some great restaunrants in Vancouver such as Glowbal Girll, The Salt Tasting Room (tapas), Judas Goat (tapas), Cardero's, Rodney's Oyster House, Takis taverna, Lolitas, The Refinery and many many many more! (check out some of the other posts on here about restos)

For nightlife, My favourite places are in Gastown. There are some great places to go out pubs, lounges and clubs. It really depends what kind of nightlife you are looking for (dancing, relaxing etc.) let us know more info and I can point you in a better direction. The Media Club and the Biltmore are great places for live music if that is something that is of interest?

Check out this company for some scenic boat tours: www.vancouversailingcharters.com

I hope that helps a bit!

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to spend 40th b-day?

Thanks for all the info...much appreciated...

4. Re: How to spend 40th b-day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2010, 07:16