We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help picking a suites hotel

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Downingtown...
Level Contributor
225 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Need help picking a suites hotel

I need help deciding on a suites hotel for late August, early September. It will be two adults and one 9 year old. We'll be there for 8 days. Things on the list of activities we'd like to do are: Stanley Park, Science World, Museum of Anthropology, Space Centre, Dr. Sun Yet-Sen Classical Chinese Garden, Capilano Suspension Bridge, and Grouse Mountain.

I've done hours of research, but it seems like instead of making my list shorter, it just keeps getting longer. Right now I have Times Square Suites (either one bedroom or one bedroom with den), Robson Suites, Sunset Inn & Suites (executive one bedroom), La Grande Residence (one bedroom Sutton), and the Landis (executive suite). With the special weekly rates, these are all about the same (Robson is about $200 less, and the Landis is about $100 more).

I am a light sleeper, so I am a little concerned about noise levels at the more centrally located hotels I mentioned. Other than that, I'd want to be comfortable walking in the area with my 9 year-old. Any advice to help pick between these? Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,822 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help picking a suites hotel

Well, I'm going to pitch in here, if only to bump your post to the top of the page. Others have good knowledge of suites hotels. All your possibles are well located for the attractions you have listed. You can't really go wrong with any of them.

Times Square and Robson Suites are in a good area, family friendly, especially for Stanley Park. That part of the West End is always active with pedestrians doing their daily thing, often well into the evening. Robson street (and Georgia St.) are main streets for cars getting to the Lions Gate Bridge and the North Shore. Many local posters on this forum speak highly of Times Square.

La Grande is probably the most central, on a main street, but like being at the hub of wheel when it comes to going out to your activities. And the Sutton Place Hotel, of which it is a part, gets top kudoes from people on this Forum.

The Landis is near the Granville St. bridge, on a feeder street to it. It's the closest to Yaletown and False Creek/Granville Island and the Space Center (via Harbour Ferry).

For the MOA, you would have to take a bus for about 30 min from downtown.

Sorry I don't know much about suites hotels, but others may come along with advice now.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help picking a suites hotel

Rosedale on robson http://www.rosedaleonrobson.com/

Vancouver, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help picking a suites hotel

Hello,

I would select the La Grande Residence at the Sutton Place Hotel. You get the best of both worlds...top notch all suite property ideally located near Robson Street(restaurants and shopping), the beach and Stanley Park are just a short walk away. Go to their website at www.suttonplace.com and sign up for their Sutton Prestige program...it will save you an additional 5% and provide free WIFI. For my money it's the best deal.

Traveliam13

vancouver, bc
Level Contributor
467 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help picking a suites hotel

Definitely the Sutton Hotel, no question about it!!

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,717 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help picking a suites hotel

I'd say Le Grande at Sutton too except for the comment about being a light sleeper. Sutton is a few blocks from the hospital emergency room and comes with its share of sirens. That might make Rosedale a consideration.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
485 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help picking a suites hotel

Robson Suites is SO great! They have really nice rooms (some have hardwood floors call them to request!) They have really nice staff, great area and free shuttle that drops you off around town.

It's a great place to stay!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help picking a suites hotel

I'm in a similar situation to the original poster, 7 nights in early september but with 2 kids. Does anyone have thoughts about the Landis suites? I'm considering them as they seem to be the cheapest two bedroom option.

jonathan

Vancouver
Level Contributor
485 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help picking a suites hotel

The landis is a great option, clean rooms, breakfast, all newly renovated and great prices! Hard to beat!

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
225 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help picking a suites hotel

Thanks for all the replies! When I checked the Sutton again, it turned out that the rate I had been looking at required pre-payment, which made it unacceptable. So I made a reservation at the Landis. Two bedrooms seems a little extravagent, but it will be nice to not be stuck in the bedroom from the time our son goes to bed until he wakes up.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
392 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help picking a suites hotel

Excellent choice!

Enjoy your trip to Vancouver!