We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Horizon or Executive Hotel Vintage Park?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Horizon or Executive Hotel Vintage Park?

I'm about to book a hotel but I still have some hesitation. Can anyone give me any insight to which would be the better pick between these 2 hotels? I've heard a bunch of good reviews for Blue Horizon, but the Executive Hotel on Howe Street seems really nice as well. Is one hotel superior to the other, and based on their locations, is one location better, or does it not really make a difference? Both seem to be priced similarly.

Thank you for the replies!! Any are much appreciated.

=)

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Horizon or Executive Hotel Vintage Park?

Based only on those two choices I would have to pick the Blue Horizon. The other option is at the edge of downtown, whereas the Blue Horizon is right on Robson in the thick of the action.

Beyond that I would actually use hotwire or priceline to get a better 4 star hotel in downtown.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Horizon or Executive Hotel Vintage Park?

Thank you so much for your help!! I went ahead and booked at the Blue Horizon. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Thanks again!

=0)

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,619 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Horizon or Executive Hotel Vintage Park?

I mentioned this hotel to one of my suppliers that comes to vancouver often and he loved it... he doesn't even look around for other hotels now. He loves the location. The hotel has been around forever but underwent a full overhaul maybe 10 years ago.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,886 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Horizon or Executive Hotel Vintage Park?

I stay at the Executive about 15 nites each summer. Its a wonderful hotel with great service. Location wise Blue Horizon is more in the midst of everything but Executvie is a great choice as well but just a little further to walk to get to downtown sites.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,880 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Horizon or Executive Hotel Vintage Park?

Isn't the Executive Park hotel a block or two away from False Creek? While it's not dead center of the downtown peninsula, you could walk there in what... 10 minutes? I think we have to stress that this is all so very relative. In the big scheme of things, both locations are central. Blue Horizon to the Executive Hotel is only a 10-15 minute walk away from one another. The benefit of the Blue Horizon is that you are in the middle of the downtown peninsula surrounded by the popular retail chains on Robson Street. But then you're further from Yaletown, further from quick access to the sea wall, Granville Island and English Bay. So it really evens itself out.

Edited: 04 June 2010, 22:59
Mentioned in this post
False Creek
False Creek
857 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
English Bay
English Bay
2,416 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
6. Re: Blue Horizon or Executive Hotel Vintage Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2010, 07:17