We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wreck beach in late June?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Topic
Wreck beach in late June?

Hi,

Does anyone know if given the timing of the year (June 24-28th to be specific), will Wreck beach be open, or should I say happening and worth checking out?

Also, how far exactly is it from downtown Vancouver via driving?

Thanks

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wreck beach in late June?

It is always open and 'happening' in the sense that people out here will walk around with little to no clothing on at any time of year.... From Vancouver it is maybe 20-25mins depending on traffic, maybe less. You can also take a bus to the general area and walk down but will obviously take longer.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,123 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wreck beach in late June?

Wreck Beach is a public beach, open 365 days.

It's on the west side of UBC on the tip of Point Grey. Parking on the street can be difficult meaning a longish walk back to Trail 6 and then maybe 100 steps down (and back up) the cliff to the beach.

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/wreck-beach-vancouver

http://www.maps.ubc.ca/PROD/index.php

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wreck beach in late June?

don't forget no lookey loos ! lol...

wreck beach was also the first place my husband wanted to go to when we were first dating but he was too embarassed to bare his "all" so he was a lookey loo himself. this was 25 years ago.

enjoy yourself and don't forget to bring your sunglasses as they all do !

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wreck beach in late June?

Today was a fantastic day at the beach.....went in the afternoon. Nice walk down......depending on what you consume at the beach...a harsh walk back up the trail.. yes open and busy. enjoy.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
489 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wreck beach in late June?

Hopefully the day you choose to go is sunny! It has been cold here lately!

Rockies BC
Level Contributor
942 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wreck beach in late June?

Remember, as cliu said, this is not the place for lookey-loos! Naturists are serious about their beach & will not hesitate to give people a hard time if they are there merely to gawk (I used to visit Wreck Beach myself fairly often - stopped over fears of the sun - and would cover myself up with a towel if a peeping-tom type was around). The best comment I ever heard was from one guy who was obviously one of the "regulars/caretakers" of the beach, made to a couple of teenage boys who were there obviously not to swim in the nude: "Hey guys, if you want to look at all the naked people, you gotta take off your clothes off and let it swing!" Needless to say they left in a hurry!

7. Re: Wreck beach in late June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2010, 05:18