We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

capillano bridge or grouse mountain

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BOSSIER, LA
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
capillano bridge or grouse mountain

What is a better experience for your money: Capillano Bridge or Grouse Mountain? And, are there any coupons for either one? Thanks...

Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
746 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: capillano bridge or grouse mountain

Neither.

For your money Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge is the best deal. It is a public park so there are no admission fees. The setting is breathtaking. If you are looking for value - it can not beat. Save money here without compromising on the expereince and you can splurge somewhere else.

vancouversnorthshore.com/whattodo/lynn-canyo…

(Great photos on this sight): http://lynncanyon.ca/

Edited: 23 June 2010, 23:28
Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: capillano bridge or grouse mountain

the capilano suspension bridge is a bit of a tourist trap. They do have a treetop series of boardwalks that is kind of neat. The real attraction of the suspension bridge in my opinion are the trails....I mean once you have done the bridge..even stopping to gaze... 10 mins? For sure Lynn Canyon.

Grouse is expensive but In my opinion worth it...no coupons that I am aware of. Incredible view... various dining options on top for a high end...medium priced or fast food type snacks. Not sure when the shows start but there is a lumberjack show.. a wild bird show.... bears in natural setting (if you kind of dont look at the fence haha)... There is also the "theatre in the sky" that I think is included in the price that runs shows on nature and first nations people. Lots of wood carved totem poles and other wood carved art around ... quite nice.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: capillano bridge or grouse mountain

I have been to both and agree that Grouse Mountain is the better of the two.

Make sure you head to Stanley Park too, beautiful.

vancouver.ca/parks/parks/stanley/index.htm

Edited: 24 June 2010, 00:08
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,148 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: capillano bridge or grouse mountain

I'm for Lynn Canyon. It's in a regional park and is very natural. Cap Bridge is commercial/ private. Have a look around this site:

www.dnv.org/ecology/suspension_bridge.html

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: capillano bridge or grouse mountain

I agree, Grouse is the choice. Go earlier in the day to avoid some of the summer crowds if possible. Then head over to Lynn Canyon for the suspension bridge experience.

In fact I do not know any locals who actually have been to the Capilano Suspension bridge since they were kids, but lots regularly go up Grouse. Although we do the grind, which is a difficult hike straight up the mountain and a right of passage to be considered a true Vancouverite.

I took my dogs to Lynn Canyon two summers ago, it was pretty good, low key and not really crowded.

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: capillano bridge or grouse mountain

Depends on the weather... if it's nice and sunny go to Grouse which is the better option, but if it isn't than Capilano (or Lynn) is the better option.

BOSSIER, LA
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: capillano bridge or grouse mountain

Would like to thank you for the great responses. It has really helped me in deciding what to do. We will be there in mid July & I believe we will do Grouse Mountain as suggested & then try Lynn Canyon. Thanks again.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,148 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: capillano bridge or grouse mountain

When thinking about going up Grouse Mtn, just be sure you can see the top of the mountain. If you can't, then you won't be able to see the view down to the city either.

9. Re: capillano bridge or grouse mountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2010, 06:18