We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quickshuttle from Vancouver to Seattle

Helsinki
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Quickshuttle from Vancouver to Seattle

I would advice NOT traveling with Quickshuttle alias Quickcoach when wanting to circulate between Vancouver/Seattle. The pick-up shuttle did not show up at my hotel, I got no apologies, just a blunt "I did not come", "but you made it, anyhow"... I had to pay a 6 Canadian dollars for the taxi to get to the bus. The staff was not very service-minded and totally careless whether I made my bus or not.

After all, my aim was to get to Seattle airport and wanted to catch my flight that same day. For the price you pay for and the time it takes, you can as well rent a car, drive it by yourself, stopping, if you so like. Border-crossing is not any more difficult, and if there are more than one passenger, it will be cheaper.

No wonder the bus operator is not a member of Vancouver tourist board, as they obviously have no desire to get feedback.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quickshuttle from Vancouver to Seattle

Wow $6... I would think you could walk that distance. I doubt it would be cheaper to rent a car after gas and having to pay a one way drop off charge. We mostly recommend trying the Amtrak if it works in your schedule for a transit option. This bus service is clearly for budget minded travelers and I would expect many frills from it.

Edited: 26 June 2010, 22:17
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,323 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quickshuttle from Vancouver to Seattle

It is very unfortunate that this happened to you, especially as you were counting on a pickup from your hotel.

It was just occurring to me that the drop off fee for a one way rental to the USA, would be prohibitively costly, if possible at all.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quickshuttle from Vancouver to Seattle

whoops, I meant to say would 'not' expect frills from the bus.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,217 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quickshuttle from Vancouver to Seattle

taking the train has always been preferred to get to Seattle. My experience with Quickshuttle has never been my favorite.

Helsinki
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quickshuttle from Vancouver to Seattle

Well, just to end with this: I could not use Amtrak as the time-table was not suitable, I needed to get to the airport the day after I finished my assignment in Vancouver - to catch a plane in the early afternoon.

I could have rented a car two-way, had I been serious enough to think of it, could have been the best option, but I happily thought that moving around in the US and Canada should be easy. This due to my earlier experience in both the countries.

Finally, have to pay fair tribute to the bus company, as I explained them what happened, they returned the fare, which I think is a sign of service.

I would and could not have walked with the luggage I had, although the distance was very short - as the weight was over 35 kg whatever that is in pounds.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,323 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quickshuttle from Vancouver to Seattle

Thank you for posting feedback about this problem baulebonita. This was certainly one of those travel situations that "went wrong." The company responded well and hopefully you caught your plane out of Seattle.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,217 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quickshuttle from Vancouver to Seattle

I cross the border a few times a month as I drive a bus. Last saturday the bus wait at the border was 4 1/2 hrs. The only exception were the Quickshuttle leaving directly from the cruises docks. All the other Quickshuttles had to be unloaded and all the luggage and pax have to go inside thru immigration. When the OP came in early June the border wasn't a big issue but now in the heart of tourist season driving easily could have had a 1-2 hr wait at the border. Its always a gamble but the train always avoids the border which is why I suggest it.

Glad they made ammends to you.

Kawhia,New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quickshuttle from Vancouver to Seattle

I am pleased it worked out for you in that Quik Shuttle made amends by offering a refund.

We used them last year and were very pleased with the service and time taken to reach Seattle from Vancouver,

we were picked up at our hotel no problem.

We are using them again On Sunday 5th September, when we fly into Vancouver from Auckland.

However, this time we will be taking the shuttle directly from the airport.

We are catching the 4.35 pm Shuttle- so I don't envisage getting to Seattle until maybe 8-9pm???

It will be interesting to see how it works out for us.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,323 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quickshuttle from Vancouver to Seattle

oysterfiend ~ You couldn't have picked a better day than the Sunday of our long, extremely busy Labour Day weekend. Well, you could have picked Saturday I guess. School goes back in on the 7th, so everyone is heading "home" on Monday!

Edited: 17 August 2010, 18:55
Kawhia,New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quickshuttle from Vancouver to Seattle

Last time we came we only had one night and stayed at the Roosevelt.

We saw Pikes Street markets briefly in the morning before flying home.

We had been to Ocean shores - around Washington and Portland for 8 days week with a rental car.

However, we had stopped over on a cruise stop on a

Cruise with Sapphire Princess- Los Angeles- Vancover ,

and did the Boeing Factory and Ride the Duck.

This time we plan to spend the morning leisurely, and go to pike Street markets for brunch and maybe take in a ferry ride.

We are staying at Ramada Inn. Not great reviews but very reasonably priced. As long as it is clean and we can get to sleep it will be okay.

On Tuesday 7th September we cruise with Carnival Spirit to Alaska.

We disembark on 14th September and spend another 20 days in Bristish Columbia, Canada.