We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rocky Mountaineer station to Robson Suites - Best option?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
119 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Rocky Mountaineer station to Robson Suites - Best option?

We arrive from Jasper on the Rocky Mountaineer (RM) at 5.30 pm

on Friday 17 Sept.

My understanding is that the station is not in downtown area.

I have 2 questions:-

a) Is that correct?

b) Will we have to get a taxi to Robson Suites or would their be a public transport option?

Thank you in advance for your help

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,573 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rocky Mountaineer station to Robson Suites - Best option?

The station is at the eastern edge of the downtown and about 1 block from Skytrain..but with 2 people and luggage a cab would be the easiest.. about $10-15 or you can check translink for bus options. Skytrain ( rapid transit) would not take you direct.. you'd still have to bus it or walk.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rocky Mountaineer station to Robson Suites - Best option?

not to knit pick, but i've walked it and since its in an industrial area it is its quite a big block, not your average residential block for sure

Vancouver
Level Contributor
487 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rocky Mountaineer station to Robson Suites - Best option?

It is a really LONG block from the mountaineer train station. BUT if you want to you can walk from the train station to the Vancouver Pacific Central Station. from there you can hop on the C23 bus which is a little shuttle bus and is a really comfy ride. It will take you through downtown to Davie St. Then you would need to hop off of that, transfer on to the number 5 bus which will take you to Robson St. which will let you off right across the street from Robson Suites (Just hope off at Bidwell st.). That is the best public transit way to go. The Skytrain takes you in the opposit direction to where Robson Suites is. BUT I would say TAXI is the way to go unless you don't mind the hassle of public transit. www.translink.ca has all the bus details there.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,958 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rocky Mountaineer station to Robson Suites - Best option?

I assume you mean Robson Suites on Bidwell and not Rosedale on Robson on Hamilton?

If so, another vote for taxi. That's a long way.

Edited: 30 June 2010, 22:51
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,958 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rocky Mountaineer station to Robson Suites - Best option?

Sorry I'm going to rephrase that.

Of course you mean Robson Suites, it's mentioned twice.

I personally think it's a semi-major event to take the busses to where you want to go. You'd have to transfer busses and lug your lugagge more than you might want. I do think a taxi would be much more comfortable and direct for you.

Edited: 30 June 2010, 22:59
Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rocky Mountaineer station to Robson Suites - Best option?

If you are taking the mountaineer, I am sure you can afford the $10 cab ride and I would bet they have some cabs lined up at the station. Plus the walk is more like 5 or 6 blocks as the station is near the home depot last I checked. The walk would be a waste of time and on the side of a busy road in an industrial area.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,958 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rocky Mountaineer station to Robson Suites - Best option?

wrld ~ well done! News to me as I thought the RM used the Via Rail platforms. I just did a google maps check. The RM Station is indeed not at PCS, but 1.5 km down the road, the same 1.5 km away from public transpo. Another reason to take a taxi.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,893 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rocky Mountaineer station to Robson Suites - Best option?

Its behind the home Depot. I take it many times and there is always a line up of cabs. RM can also arrange a transfer but pretty sure a cab would be cheaper. They haven't used Pacific Station for a few yrs.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
119 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rocky Mountaineer station to Robson Suites - Best option?

Thanks to everyone for all the useful information and advice.

As you suggest a taxi is the obvious choice.

Thanks again for your help.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rocky Mountaineer station to Robson Suites - Best option?

I went on the train last week from Banff, we got a taxi from the station to Howe Street which is near Robson, downtown, and the taxi was only $15 including tip.