We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

price of cigarettes

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Netherlands
Level Contributor
617 posts
241 reviews
Save Topic
price of cigarettes

controversial subject maybe, but can someone tell me what the price for cigarettes is?

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: price of cigarettes

i quit a few years back but they are they range about $ 7-$ 10 i believe, btw what do you find so controversial about it?

Netherlands
Level Contributor
617 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: price of cigarettes

it's more other people that find that no matter what, everyone should quit smoking....

but 7-10 dollars is expensive so i will take mine tax free upon departure from home

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,217 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: price of cigarettes

Yep. It's a divisive subject in a way. Smokers here generally say they would love to quit. The rules and regs are pretty comprehensive. In fact there is no smoking almost anywhere people gather publicly, and I now find that there's more smoke just walking down the public sidewalk than ever before. It's practically the only place a person can smoke.

There are provincial bylaws as well as individual jurisdiction bylaws, e.g. Vancouver, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, etc. but, like packing carryon for overseas travel, just follow US Customs laws (the most extensive) and you'll be right going to any country (smoking in any municipality).

You might be interested to know that the BC tax for a single cigarette is 18.5¢ and $37 for a carton of 200.

vancouver.ca/ctyclerk/…NRsmokingregs.htm

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,143 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: price of cigarettes

Note that visitors are permitted to bring in 200 cigarettes duty-free: cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/…s5x1

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: price of cigarettes

Be warned that pretty much everywhere is non-smoking. And soon, the parks and sidewalks will be also.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,050 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: price of cigarettes

Because second-hand smoke has been shown to be a health hazard, smoking has been banned in most workplaces, including restaurants and bars in order to protect the health of the people working there. Its a tough place to be a smoker.

7. Re: price of cigarettes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 07:20