We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diet needs eating out

Weymouth, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
diet needs eating out

Hi we will be staying in Whistler but will have a car so can travel, and I would like to eat out a little on our stay. I have special diet needs and can only eat very plain food. Can anyone suggest eating places that have a help yourself salad bar and/or sell plain steamed crab/shrimp or even offer a fruit plate as a dish? Many thanks.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: diet needs eating out

Many places in Canada serve plain food on their menus or you can always order a salad without dressing etc. Whistler really is walkable and there is not really anywhere to drive from the village that would be necessary. I am sure some locals will have some specific restaurant recommendations for you, but I wouldn't worry about it. After being in Europe, Canadian food is relatively boring at the major restaurants (ie plain).

Parksville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: diet needs eating out

Most restaurants should accommodate your dietary requirements - if the "bones" of what you need can be found on the menu, you should be able to request what you want. Have a look at the menu before you sit down, and ask the host or hostess if it is possible to modify menu items.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,415 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: diet needs eating out

Almost every moderate to high end restaurant will be willing and able to accommodate your diet needs. You will need to discuss your restrictions with the server and the chef will respond accordingly. Sometimes the chef will come up with something special just for your needs. You might even discuss your needs when you phone to make a reservation. Last minute information is less effective. You might even say I would like prawns and veg without x, y, or z.

Anyone who can successfully order a Double Tall Skinny Decaf Dry Latte with legs will have no trouble in the food department. ;-)

Edited: 22 July 2010, 15:24
4. Re: diet needs eating out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2011, 07:18