We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Victoria?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
36 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Victoria?

Thanks for everyone's help regarding our trip in October..read in forum that the Bloedel Conservatory might be closing..anyone know if it will still be opened in October? Also hope to stay in Vancouver at Robson Suites, can you recommend a place in Victoria for a couple of nights.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
485 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Victoria?

Laurel Point in is quite nice, or the Best Western Carlton Plaza is really close to everything. Chateau Victoria is also really great!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Victoria?

You obviously will get more victoria hotel suggestions on the victoria forum but since you asked.... We had a great rate at the marriot and could not have been happier. We had a fantastic view of the harbour that was a 5 or 10 minute walk. We had a balcony... beds and linens were far superior than the much touted "westin heavenly bed". If you can get a decent rate I would jump at it.

marriott.com/hotels/…

I think I was there in Off season as you will be and we had a really good deal.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,822 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Victoria?

Bloedel Conservatory has just been taken on, as a little sister if you will, by Van Dusen Gardens so it will continue on. Now that Canada Line construction is over, attendance is up and things are looking better.

I like the Best Western Inner Harbour for its location and (cont) breakfast. You might consider asking for a room above ground level and on the water side for a bit of a view.

You also might like to have a look at the Royal Scot Hotel and Suites which is also very nicely situated in terms of the attractions. It gets very good reviews on the Victoria Hotels section of TA.

4. Re: Accommodation in Victoria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2011, 07:17