We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Suggestions - Oysters and other Seafood

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
183 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Suggestions - Oysters and other Seafood

I've done a search of the forum but most of the oyster topics are 2 or 3 years old. I'm looking for a very good restaurant for seafood and specifically oysters. We don't need white tablecloth service but would like a place that is interesting, well respected, and geared to adults. I'm not interested in eating in an atmosphere that is geared to "families".

Rodney's Oyster House, Joe Fortes, and Blue Water Cafe have been suggested on this forum in the past but I'm not sure if they meet our other criteria (adult-oriented and higher end).

Looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks!

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,929 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Suggestions - Oysters and other Seafood

All three are fine choices with Rodney's the most casual...no white tablecloth and wine in a tumbler.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
487 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Suggestions - Oysters and other Seafood

I really enjoy Rodney's!

Also try Coast www.coastrestaurant.ca (REALLY amazing here!) , La Brasserie www.labrasserievancouver.com ( a small restaurant, I have not yet had their oysters but their food is overall amazing).

I will just leave it to those two suggestions for now as others will be posting tons of others soon!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
183 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Suggestions - Oysters and other Seafood

Both are very interesting selections. I certainly like the look of La Brasserie.

I look forward to others as they roll in.

Thank you!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
487 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Suggestions - Oysters and other Seafood

Also, just want to mention a smaller place that most wont suggest called Adesso Bistro www.adessobistro.net

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
183 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Suggestions - Oysters and other Seafood

Managed to make it to Blue Water Cafe and Joe Fortes and enjoyed both a great deal. Be sure to check with your banker before venturing into Blue Water.........wow!

Both were great suggestions.

Also had lunch at Salt Tasting Room and dinner at Vij's -- I'd recommend both.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Suggestions - Oysters and other Seafood

wow you made it into VJs... hope you didnt have to wait too long, He is opening another restaurant soon... a much larger one.. not sure if he is closing the existing one. Joe Fortes I recommended awhile back.. .really good but spent about $125.00 for lunch for 2.

7. Re: Restaurant Suggestions - Oysters and other Seafood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2011, 07:41