We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack for Vancouver trip next week

roscommon
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
What to pack for Vancouver trip next week

Hi All

I am just looking for advice on what I should pack for my trip to vancouver.We will be over there next week and I am wondering what the weather will be like?

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,395 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack for Vancouver trip next week

We could have sun or rain or both. The temps at this time of year range from 18/11°C. It can be sunny and warm during the day up to 20° or so and it can get quite cool overnight to 3°. It could rain the whole week, or not rain at all. But it's never a heavy rain, at least not for long.

Best to plan for dressing in layers. Your location name identifies Ireland so, in a worst case scenario here, you will be right at home. You might also want to include gloves, hat and scarf and for sure bring a waterpoof/resistant rain jacket with hood. Sneakers/runners/trainers will be fine. Perhaps a collapsible umbrella although those are available everywhere here for $7 and up. We're pretty casual here when it comes to dressing.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to pack for Vancouver trip next week

I have switched to pants and a light jacket this past week. If it is sunny you may be able to wear shorts in the day time still.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
489 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to pack for Vancouver trip next week

You may want to bring a dress or skirt or shorts just in case, but I would suggest a rain jacket, sweaters, pants, warm shoes. I think fall is here now.... sadly!:(

but it is possible we may have a warmer day, so just pack one thing to wear if its warm, just in case! And of course layers as weather changes here about every 10 minutes!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to pack for Vancouver trip next week

Here is the Environment Canada forecast for Vancouver, running 7 days out. Have a look at it just before you pack your suitcase. (Just be aware that, whatever it says, you will likely get some showers or rain while you are here; so, bring an umbrella.)

weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/…bc-74_metric_e.html

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to pack for Vancouver trip next week

"It could rain the whole week, or not rain at all. But it's never a heavy rain, at least not for long."

Except it could be raining heavy the whole day like last Tuesday. Yes those types of days are rare but it does happen. Or it could be like today, sunny with cloudy periods. Like everyone said just be prepared for a bit of everything.

6. Re: What to pack for Vancouver trip next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 08:16