We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are rainboots (wellies) a must for Nov??

winnipeg
Level Contributor
255 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Are rainboots (wellies) a must for Nov??

Hi just wanted to know if wellies are a must in November? We just wAnted to do some sightseeing outside.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
577 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are rainboots (wellies) a must for Nov??

I never wear them except when I am camping in the fall/winter. If you are in the city it is never really all that wet so you don't need to worry.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,992 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are rainboots (wellies) a must for Nov??

Hi cubagirlwpg;

You have posted your question twice on the forum. You can delete your duplicate post by clicking on the "Report inappropriate content" button within the post you wish to delete and then select "Remove my post" from the pull down menu.

Best Regards

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,694 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Are rainboots (wellies) a must for Nov??

Since you have two feet it's OK if you post a question twice-seriously.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are rainboots (wellies) a must for Nov??

I too don't own a pair but do have good walking shoes that can take the rain. Unless you plan on walking through puddles in a park you can get away without them. Bring an umbrella though!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,684 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are rainboots (wellies) a must for Nov??

Well, I DO own a nice pair of wellies, and very glad I am for them at times too. In the city, people usually puddle jump, put up with slightly damp shoes and socks and just get by. Some shoes are better at repelling water than others, and people will choose to wear their more repellent ones on wet days.

Wellies would be a big item to pack, so unless you plan to actually wade through the puddles, then you can probably make do with a good pair of leather shoes that have been waterproofed. However, if you plan to go for a long walk in the rain through Stanley Park or through one of the North Shore parks, then you might be happy for dry feet. A pair of dry socks in a plastic bag in your pocket can work wonders as well. (Well, they are lovely when you take the sopping wet ones off and put dry ones on)

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are rainboots (wellies) a must for Nov??

My wife wears her boots often when going around town in the rain, but I do not know any guys that bother. Most people just put up with it and jump puddles as mentioned. I wouldn't pack them as they can add too much weight and take up significant space in your luggage, but you can always stuff clothes inside them to minimize the space loss. I would be more focused on bringing a small umbrella that you can easily carry around in case it starts raining while you are away from your hotel.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
577 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are rainboots (wellies) a must for Nov??

If your feet get cold, buy some large ziploc bags, put your feet inside them and slide into your shoes. They will keep your feet and dry. It also means that you would not have to bring rain boots in your luggage which take up precious space.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,250 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are rainboots (wellies) a must for Nov??

No wellies here but every pair of shoes I own have a gore-tex liner in them!

winnipeg
Level Contributor
255 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are rainboots (wellies) a must for Nov??

Thanks everyone. Samsalmon your response was hilarious!

10. Re: Are rainboots (wellies) a must for Nov??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 06:16