We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute New Year's Eve Trip to Whistler from USA?!?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
51 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute New Year's Eve Trip to Whistler from USA?!?

Hello Trip Advisor Community -

I've been inspired reading about zipline tours, snowmobiling, skiing, snowshoeing and great food and drink!!

...... I would like to take my husband to Whistler (or else Banff?) Dec 31 - Jan 3.

We'll be flying in from Nebraska USA.

Is this possible??

He's a 4-star kind of guy and I want to surprise him.

He is a definite adventurer and Whistler looks like just the place...

What do you think? Any tips??

Thanks!

Sara

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute New Year's Eve Trip to Whistler from USA?!?

bump

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute New Year's Eve Trip to Whistler from USA?!?

Whistler is consistently ranked as one of the top resorts in North America for skiing/boarding. It's apparently tops with Conde Nast. If you do decide to come probably best to phone ahead to the hotel to make sure there is room.

www.concierge.com/cntraveler/articles/503257

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute New Year's Eve Trip to Whistler from USA?!?

Ziplines might be closed in winter but ski/snowboarding/snowshoeing/snowmobiling is some of the best in the world. Call ahead for hotels since Christmas/New year's weeks are very busy.

You can fly into Vancouver. Rent a vehicle with snow tires or all-weather tires to drive to Whistler. It's about a 3 hour drive from the airport, but 1st hour is just driving through the city to get to the main highway.

Restaurants to consider: Araxi (formal) or Carumba (casual). Umberto's Tratittoria is one of my favorites in Whistler. Restaurant reservations are a must.

Check out VRBO.com for condo rentals. Whistler Village or Whistler Village North areas are in the heart of the action.

4. Re: Last minute New Year's Eve Trip to Whistler from USA?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2011, 05:22