We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Mid-March a good time to go to Vancouver

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Is Mid-March a good time to go to Vancouver

I'll be in Vancouver in mid-March. I heard it's the end of Winter and the Start of Spring in mid March, but I'm afraid it will be really cold around that time. Need advise please. Thanks!!

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Mid-March a good time to go to Vancouver

Here is a guide for what to expect for March weather.

…about.com/od/…vancouvermar.htm

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Mid-March a good time to go to Vancouver

Weather in Vancouver is very difficult to predict. We had winter earlier this week, with snow and below freezing temperatures. Some schools in the eastern part of the Lower Mainland closed for a day. Today, on the other hand, was spring-like, and I think we hit a record high. Virtually all the snow is gone.

March can be blustery. No snow (we rarely receive any after the end of January). However, it can be windy and raining, at times.

Here is the link to the Environment Canada website for Vancouver. You can access historical data by clicking on "More Info" on the bottom right-hand side of the page

weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/…bc-74_metric_e.html

You should know that the temperatures will be celsius, not farenheit. Here is a link that someone found on another forum that gives you the equivalents -

http://web.njit.edu/~walsh/celsius/

(You'll need to cut and paste it. It doesn't seem to want to operate as an actual link.)

Edited: 15 January 2011, 04:41
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,197 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Mid-March a good time to go to Vancouver

The snow tires stay on until the end of March. Just in case. Compared to somewhere like San Diego, you would find it cold and blustery (very good choice of words.) But compared to somewhere like San Francisco, it might be very similar, especially when the fog rolls in and things get quite chilly.

We don't plant bedding plants with any confidence until after Mother's Day, the second weekend in May. There is a chance of frost up to then.

Here's a link that's set up for Vancouver weather in °F

www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3…

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Mid-March a good time to go to Vancouver

Vancouver weather is mild, I wore a T-shirt today. I would say March could be rainy, but won't be cold. You will see all sorts of people out and about in light jackets.

5. Re: Is Mid-March a good time to go to Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 07:16