We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perfect 3 day weekend in Vancouver for a couple?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Perfect 3 day weekend in Vancouver for a couple?

Hello TA,

Looking to hit Vancouver sometime in April or May for a long weekend. Man and woman in our late twenties, into art, history, night clubs, and physical activities, at the very start of my research and while i know this is all available online i always like to start by asking the experts! :) thanks as always to anyone who replies.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,400 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perfect 3 day weekend in Vancouver for a couple?

Hi Braveheart ~

3 days in Vancouver would work quite well. A heads up about our Victoria Day long weekend (May 23) which is generally very busy. It's the first weekend of the spring when people get out or away.

Have you had a chance to look at some of the features on this forum page? At the top right, there is the Top Questions section that answers the most common questions for Vancouver. Also on the left sidebar you will find "Things to do" the list is now divided into 4 tabs, so browse the ones you are interested in. Have a look for The Tour Guys and the Vancouver Food Tour. They might interest you.

Here's what I like to post for questions like yours:

Granville Island and False Creek

Stanley Park, including the Aquarium

Gastown - for a self guided walking tour: http://www.gastown.org/history/index.html --> take a self guided walking tour. Otherwise this historic birthplace of Vancouver will just be brick and stone to you.

4 Self Guided walks - vancouver.ca/commsvcs/…index.htm

Chinatown

Museum of Anthropology at UBC

Robson Street

Bill Reid Gallery at 639 Hornby St. between Dunsmuir and Georgia

Vancouver Art Gallery, with its great Gallery Restaurant

Grouse Mountain

Lynn Canyon Susp Bridge (free) or Capilano Susp Bridge ($$$)

Maritime Museum - www.vancouvermaritimemuseum.com/page216.htm

Van Dusen Gardens

Queen Elizabeth Park and the Bloedel Conservatory

Edited: 18 February 2011, 15:48
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perfect 3 day weekend in Vancouver for a couple?

Wow incredible! Some of this is mirroring my early research but lots of great new ideas. Thanks so much!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
489 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perfect 3 day weekend in Vancouver for a couple?

hey! There are lots of great things to do in Vancouver, and for a couple there are a lot of great ways to make it extra special.

Do you have a place to stay yet? What is your budget? I really like the Georgian Court Hotel, or of course the Fairmont and Pan Pacific are amazing depending on your budget. I would also recommend the Loden Hotel or Opus. If you want something a little bit more like home, try Robson Suites which is always a fav of mine. Great area, great staff, great suites and its nice to have a kitchen/washer dryer and free parking.

I would recommend trying an evening at the Helm (howe & Davie) They have amazing share plates, and they turn in to a nightclub in the evening.

Another amazing option is the Salt Tasting Room where you can try local artisan cheese, chartchurie and wine pairing.

Its going to be beautiful here in April as all the Cherry Blossoms are out. I would recommend a bike ride through Stanley Park and a walk around English Bay to soak in all the beauty of Vancouver!

Granville Island is always a must as well! Take the Aquabus or False Creek Ferry across and enjoy the local artisans!

The Museum of Anthropology is fabulous and worth the trip.

Check the Georgia Straight our online local magazine for art and music listings.

A hike at Lighthouse Park is always something that I love doing as well, but you would likely need a car to get there.

Grouse Mountain is always fun and you will experience wonderful views of the city!

Enjoy your trip!

Northville, Michigan
Level Contributor
28 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perfect 3 day weekend in Vancouver for a couple?

The Helm looks interesting! We'll be there with another couple early May for 1-1/2 days after a cruise. We enjoy wine and are looking for fun places to visit.

Edited: 19 February 2011, 21:58
5. Re: Perfect 3 day weekend in Vancouver for a couple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 21:58
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perfect 3 day weekend in Vancouver for a couple?

As mentioned by Westenda, see The Georgia Strait for entertainment listings. Here is the website -

http://www.straight.com/

It also comes out in paper format every Thursday in boxes throughout the city, in particular downtown.

7. Re: Perfect 3 day weekend in Vancouver for a couple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 16:17