We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria Chateau Victoria BC

LIncoln, NE
Level Contributor
902 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria Chateau Victoria BC

We'll be in Victoria sightseeing for two or three days in August and am booking a Rocky Mountaineer train ride package. It seems the price quoted for this particular overnight is considerable highter than the hotel's own web site pricing. Has anyone ever "ala carte" the different hotels instead of using the RM package pricings?

Mentioned in this post
The Rocky Mountaineer
The Rocky Mountaineer
4,878 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,886 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria Chateau Victoria BC

everything is so well set up in Vancovuer you don't ever need to book a 'pkg' with any tour. You can take a bus from downtown Vancovuer to Victoria very easily and do it on your own. Personally I stay at the Queen Victoria hotel which is very nice and right across from the side of the Empress.

look at Landsea tours in Vancouver. I've had them drop me in downtown at my hotel then pick me up the 2nd day to return to Vancouver. Not their normal but its easy.

LIncoln, NE
Level Contributor
902 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria Chateau Victoria BC

Thanks. I just talked with RM and had them remove the hotel from our package so we can book our own at a much better price. Appreciate you advice.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria Chateau Victoria BC

I would try the Best Western Carlton Plaza or the Days Inn Victoria. They both offer excellent locations. The Days Inn is right on the harbour which is a great base for sightseeing and parking is free. The Best Western Carlton Plaza gets excellent Trip Advisor reviews. Check their websites to find the best deals.

4. Re: Victoria Chateau Victoria BC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 12:17