We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central location in Vancouver

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Central location in Vancouver

Hi I'm visiting with my wife and a few single guys. I want to stay in a trendy and social area that is also central to other major attractions. I'd imagine trying many of Vancouvers restaurants and bars, but at the same time I understand there are many attractions in the outskirts, so public transit is important. I'm looking for neighborhoods in the city that meet these requirements. Please let me know if anyone has suggestions.

1. Re: Central location in Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2016, 23:00
Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,929 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central location in Vancouver

The downtown is small, walkable and well serviced by subway and transit. There isn't any one area downtown that will be too far from your description.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central location in Vancouver

I would recommend the Days Inn Downtown Vancouver hotel on West Pender. It's right in the heart of the city only a block from the Canada Line, Harbour and very near to Robson Street nightlife and shopping. It's excellent value for the location that you get.

If you want to find out events going on in the city and some hotels close to them, try a great local website www.rezvia.com

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Central location in Vancouver

I would suggest for you to stay in Days Inn Vancouver, and there are quite a few reasons for that:

1. It is close to Vancouver entertaiment district, which is Granville street

2. Close to main restaurant areas in Vancouver (Robson street, Gastown)

3. Area perfectly interfaced with public transit system: 3 skytrain stations within walking distance (skytrain runs until 12:30-1 A.M.), as well as buses

4. Safe area

5. Affordable prices (especially when you make a booking in advance)

Hope my advice will be useful for you and you'll enjoy your stay in Vancouver. :)

Cheers

St. Catharines...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Central location in Vancouver

Hi,

Anywhere in Downtown Vancouver is lovely. The whole place is full of life and walkable and there are buses almost on every street! There's also a SkyTrain or Canada Line every few blocks!

If you're a fan of the nightlife and crowd you should hang out in Yaletown and take a walk on Granville Street and Robson Street. Yaletown is also good for fine dining. For shopping, I'd suggest 4th avenue in Kitsilano (20 mins by bus from Downtown). You can Goggle-Map all the places I mentioned and also find directions using public transit.

Hotels in Downtown Vancouver can be pretty pricey, so I'd suggest that you check out www.airbnb.com for short-term furnished rentals

I also suggest that you avoid any hotels/motels on East Hastings Street due to drug dealing, prostitution and homelessness.

Have fun!

6. Re: Central location in Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 14:15