We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver in June

Solihull, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Vancouver in June

Hi.

Looking for some guidance on which area is best to stay in the city of Vancouver for 3 days, I'm hoping to find a hotel with a parking lot where I can hopefully leave the car for the three days, so would really like to find a hotel near to the bars restaurants and best sites of the city. Any help is appreciated, many thanks to those who reply

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,806 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver in June

Why not dump the car for those three days? Parking will run you between $25 and $40/day at most hotels. How much do you expect to pay for the hotel? All the downtown hotels are close to the bars.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver in June

Parking will cost you.. I think there are a few hotels with free.. you might try the search box at the top and put in free hotel parking.. stay downtown.. it's compact, walkable full of restaurants etc..I think some of the suite hotels might have free parking.. check listings on the left and find a few in your price range then come back for advice about choices..

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver in June

Are you for some reason stuck with the car for three days? If not dump it. You don't need one in Vancouver proper as all the attractions are easily accessed by transit or just walking and/or biking!

Solihull, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vancouver in June

Hi, thanks for the replies, we're flying into YVR then picking up car hire as we intend to do Vancouver Island for a few more days. Hotel price wise maybe $100 a night. Do recommend any ?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,286 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vancouver in June

Rent your car from a downtown location when you are ready to leave town.

In June for $100, that might be a bit tough. You could check out the YWCA Hotel which is centrally located downtown. It's not a hostel, but a hotel. One double bed with private shower shows a daily rate of $129 for June 18-21. This is an economical rate for Vancouver in June.

ywcahotel.com

Edit: that was for one person. Just saw the "we." They have 2 dble beds with private shower/bath at $95. It's popular, books up quickly. Reviews are on TA.

Edited: 17 March 2011, 21:57
Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vancouver in June

As mentioned the YWCA is a great budget option. I also recommend the Victorian Hotel. My husband and I have stayed there a few times. It's a boutique hotel in a restored historical building. http://www.victorianhotel.ca/ In June there are rooms as cheap as $99 if you don't mind sharing a bathroom in the hall.

Also agree with renting the car in downtown b4 you leave. Why pay 3 days rental plus parking fees to just have it sit there.

You could also consider getting public transport to the ferry and walking on. Rent a car when you are on the island. Otherwise you are going to be paying more to take it on the ferry and I assume bring it back over to Vancouver again.

Cheers

Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
748 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vancouver in June

Especially since you are looking to save money - save money by not renting a car for the time you will be in Vancouver. You will also save in parking costs. And often renting from a downtown location is cheaper. Public transit via the Canada Line to downtown is very easy.

8. Re: Vancouver in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 19:17