We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoom car rental

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
235 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Zoom car rental

Got a great quote from these guys for a 14 day rental but there is nowhere to ask if I pick it up downtown and drop back to the airport whether there is an extra charge. Anyone help me out here.

Hull
Level Contributor
773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zoom car rental

Know nothing of them but it sounds as if you should be careful?

If it isn't specific, how do you know the whole cost will be good?

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,250 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zoom car rental

I'd give them a call and ask.

Vancouver Airport(YVR)

8651 BECKWITH RD

Richmond, BC V6X 1V4

Toll Free: 1-888-317-9666

Phone: 604-910-7368

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,151 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zoom car rental

Never heard of them but did a little looking around. How did you find them?

First the BBB has them listed but with no rating. This company seems to be a franchise with 3 locations: Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. The headquarters are in Ontario. Even clicking on the Vancouver airport company name gives the Ontario headquarters as an address. The company has a few complaints about them, not clear for which location:

bbb.org/kitchener/business-reviews/auto-rent…

Second the phone # in post 2 is registered for an address in Coquitlam which is an adjacent city to Vancouver, about 20 km east. On Google Maps street view, the location for the address for that phone # is a car dealership by the name of Trinity Auto Centre. Now there is another phone number on a big sign on the chain link fence, so my guess is the phone # in post 2 is for a business within a business.

http://tinyurl.com/3fc8cdj

Third I found a couple of websites for you to look at:

www.reviewcentre.com/reviews239063.html

http://www.zoomrentals.com/testimonials.php

Hope this helps.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,314 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zoom car rental

As there is only 1 location in Vancouver, "one way" rental from downtown to airport is irrelevant.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
235 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zoom car rental

Thanks everyone for your quick replies. I googled compare rates in Vancouver and Zoom was one of the companies that came up along with all the usual big brands. I have sent a query by email to the company and am trying to get a friend in Canada to call and get my questions answered.

6. Re: Zoom car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 11:17