We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Yaletown from the airport

Level Contributor
320 posts
349 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Yaletown from the airport

Hi there

I am travelling to Vancouver next month and was wondering if someone could tell me how I could get to Yaletown from the airport. I am wanting the cheapest method of transport!

Also, is Vancouver one of those cities where you can walk everywhere? Or is there some sort of 'pass' I can get to travel to different places.

Rockies BC
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Yaletown from the airport

take the Canada Line of the Skytrain - there are many threads on this forum on precisely this point - to get from the airport to downtown/Yaletown. The downtown area of Vanc is very compact & depending on what you want to do/see you can walk everywhere, or take transit. If you are going farther afield but still in the general Vanc/North Vanc/West Vanc/ Richmond/Burnaby/Surrey/Coquitlam areas, you can still take transit. Further than that you will need a car.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,907 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Yaletown from the airport

You will arrive at the International terminal from Edinburgh. Once you are through customs etc. you will come out into the arrivals meet and greet area. Head out the front door and cross two streets. The escalator up is attached to the outside of the building. Go up to the platform where you can buy your tix. It will cost $7.50 or $8.75 depending on the day and time of day. Single fares away from YVR are $2.50 for 1 zone and $3.75 for 2 zones.

Canada Line is easy and convenient. Take it to Roundhouse/Yaletown Station.

You could save some money by walking over to the domestic terminal (7-11, Pharmasave stores) and buying a book of 10 Faresavers. There are 1 zone books or 2 zone books. East has made some great points about downtown Vancouver's size and getting around. We also have $9 day passes but you would have to do the math to see how many single/faresaver fares you would need to use to match the $9.

The Compass Card is coming in the next two years or so. It will be a loadable plastic card but it isn't here yet.

3. Re: Getting to Yaletown from the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 16:17