We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Comprehensive Article On Vancouver's Little Mountain Area

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
437 reviews
Save Topic
A Comprehensive Article On Vancouver's Little Mountain Area

The following link lists a wonderful array of things to do in Vancouver's Little Mountain area. It is easily accessible via the skytrain or by bus. Don't miss the Bloedel Conservatory on top of the mountain situated in Queen Elizabeth Park.

theglobeandmail.com/life/…

Vancouver
Level Contributor
118 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Comprehensive Article On Vancouver's Little Mountain Area

I read that this morning too. This is totally irrelevant to the tourism side of things, but I was wondering: is it really a mountain?? If so, I had no idea - just assumed it was a good size hill.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
437 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Comprehensive Article On Vancouver's Little Mountain Area

I think this is very relevant to tourism. The Bloedel Conservatory is one of Vancouver's finest treasures! Queen Queen Elizabeth Park rivals Victoria's the much touted Butchart Gardens. Since, you don't seem to know much about it, why the negative post. P.S. It is not a mountain. Look up further information on the internet.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,474 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Comprehensive Article On Vancouver's Little Mountain Area

Condu: HermioneLee is not saying the array of things on the link is totally irrelevant. Do read her post again as it is written. You will notice the colon which links the two parts of the sentence together. Punctuation is a wonderful thing. She is saying her question is unrelated to tourism.

HermioneLee, I think the operative word is Little. A term of endearment back around the 1900s, as it was the highest point of land in the early days of Vancouver. In fact, when City Hall was built, people couldn't understand why the powers that be built it in the boonies where it was "so hard" to get to. haha!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
118 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Comprehensive Article On Vancouver's Little Mountain Area

Thanks for coming to my defense, Mufti! And also for bringing up punctuation - as an English major, I do love me some thoughtful punctuation. :)

Believe me, Condu, I wouldn't ever dismiss a city's neighbourhood as irrelevant - one of my favourite ways to travel is to discover just this sort of place. You were probably just reading my post very quickly. If you read it again, carefully, you'll see I was just asking a curious question about whether "Little Mountain" was a real geographical mountain or not - that's all. Thanks for sharing the link.

Edited: 27 May 2011, 03:58
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,151 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A Comprehensive Article On Vancouver's Little Mountain Area

I cycle through regularly on the Ontario St bikeway-the destruction of the housing project on Ontario @ 33rd has left a huge gaping hole in the heart of that 'hood.

There are some unique restaurants but community spirit seems oddly lacking-the preponderance of overpriced antique stores skews the feel of Main St somehow.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
437 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Comprehensive Article On Vancouver's Little Mountain Area

My apologies, HermioneLee. I misread your intentions. I value every sincere post.

I have loved this area are since I was a newly wed many decades ago. My husband & I used to take a picnic basket & enjoy the lovely gardens in Queen

Elizabeth Park. This spring we went back & enjoyed the cherry blossoms. We

also, went to the conservatory and enjoyed the flora & fauna.

7. Re: A Comprehensive Article On Vancouver's Little Mountain Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2012, 06:16