We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Stanley Park

Washington State
Level Contributor
412 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Stanley Park

I will have my car during visit to Vancouver so am trying to decide whether to drive into Stanley Park or take the bus instead. Can someone tell me the hourly parking fees? If I take the bus, is there only one stop? Where is the stop located? I'm assuming the bus runs every 15min-30 min thru the park.

Thank you.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,656 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Stanley Park

Stanley Park parking rates, via a google search says:

http://vancouver.ca/parks/fees/parking.htm

For the bus you can catch the #19 Stanley Park bus on Pender. $2.50 per adult. It goes right into the bus loop in the Park. Then you start walking.

There is a HOHO bus around the park. You would find info on that at:

vancouvertrolley.com/tour/stanley-park-shutt…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Stanley Park

Where in Vancouver are you staying?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Stanley Park

If you are staying downtown, you can walk to Stanley Park and avoid paying parking or bus fees completely. Also in the summer parking around the peak areas can sometimes be difficult to obtain particularly if it is a sunny day.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Stanley Park

They are adding more transit buses to Stanley Park during the summer. It can be a fairly long walk to the park depending on where you are staying.

Washington State
Level Contributor
412 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking in Stanley Park

Thank you for all your prompt responses.

I haven't decided where to stay, but have been looking at condos in the West End or Yaletown and also Blue Horizon hotel, or similar. I won't be in Van until 1st part of Oct. Would appreciate any thoughts/ advice you have on my chosen locations or facility. I'm familiar with Van, but it's been a few years since I was there. I'm showing a friend from the East Coast the beautiful Northwest, so want to make good use of my time in Van (2 full days plus an evening). Pretty much interested in Stanley Park, Granville Island, perhaps Grouse Mtn and, of course, some shopping and/or art galleries.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
418 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking in Stanley Park

The daily rate for parking in Stanley Park drops to $5 (winter rate) and you can use the parking pass anywhere within the park.

As much as I love walking around Stanley Park, I think it is worth buying a day pass. My favourite areas of the park are the Totem Poles (love walking along that section of the seawall for gorgeous city views), Prospect Point (love walking back to the overpass to get a good view of the Lions Gate Bridge), 3rd Beach (love walking back to Siwash Rock) and Lost Lagoon. Yes you could see all this while walking around the seawall, but I also love the drive through the park.

Granville Island also has free 3 hour parking, but it is more fun going to GI by Aquabus.

Washington State
Level Contributor
412 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking in Stanley Park

Thanks, Journeywizard. With the parking pass being able to be used throughout the Park is great and would save a lot of time getting to and from the Park, depending upon where we were staying. I also hate to be commited to a time span, ie. 2 hr parking, etc. Seems I'm always checking my watch instead of enjoying the views!

8. Re: Parking in Stanley Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 20:18