We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fares

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
taxi fares

We have to take a taxi to horseshoe bay Ferry Terminal from Vancouver airport. Any idea of fares for this journey

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,299 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi fares

The cab fare for that journey will be about $85-90 and about one hour's drive.

Do you really HAVE to take a taxi?

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi fares

Yes neither of us drives and we dont think we can handle public transport with 2 cases

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,299 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi fares

Well I'll tell you an option and you can decide.

Public transit here is all wheelchair accessible, so luggage accessible as well. Some busses kneel so you can roll right on. Other busses have a slide out ramp or a flip out ramp. I usually roll my luggage right over the gap between the curb and the bus entry. No steps to lug up. And I often give my suitcase a seat on the bus and sit beside it. I've never had a problem.

Canada Line:

comfortinnvancouver.com/images/CommanFile/AT…

Here's the 257 Express bus. It's a long video but within the first couple of minutes you can see what the bus is like inside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YngOCjuNxQ

You can take Canada Line to Vancouver City Centre Station, about 20 minutes. That intersection is Georgia and Granville. Then you transfer, same ticket, to the #257 Horseshoe Bay Express bus on Georgia St. closer to Seymour. That ride is about 40 minutes. This transit option would cost you between $2.50 to $5.00 pp.

On the Translink website, you can use the trip planner. Figure out which ferry you would like to catch, then use an "arrival time" of about 30 minutes in advance of that on the trip planner tool. Enter YVR and the "Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal" as parameters. You will be given a start time at YVR to catch the Canada Line.

www.translink.ca

Here's the bus route. Zoom in at the 257 icon to see where you would walk to go from the Canada Line exit to the 257 bus stop.

http://tinyurl.com/43ef6nx

Do you mean 2 suitcases? or 2 suitcases each? If you are interested in this option, please post the day of the week and the time of day for better information.

Edited: 26 June 2011, 11:34
Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi fares

Listen to Mufti. Very easy transfers even with lots of luggage.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi fares

Yes, do listen to Mufti. However, in the event that public transportation truly isn't an option for you, have a look at the YVR website -

yvr.ca/en/…hired-sedans-limousines.aspx

They have a listing of fares to different places, including Horseshoe Bay - $82.00, plus taxes and tips (look under North Shore Zones heading), for a sedan and driver. They also have contact information.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,285 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi fares

Or if you are going to Nanaimo, take a Harbour Air seaplane flight for only $30 more. They pick you up for free at the shuttle stop at YVR and the 20 minute flight is a great sightseeing opportunity.

www.harbour-air.com/status.php?view=Ric2Nan

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,299 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi fares

I have to correct the bus fare.

When you leave the airport you have to pay a surcharge of $5 on a single cash fare. So the $2.50 and the $5.00 I mentioned would become $7.50 and $10.00. A ticket is good for 90 minutes on all transit.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi fares

Well if you don't want to ride on the bus with your luggage you can at least take the train to downtown and then take a taxi from there to the ferry terminal. That will at least save $15-25 on the taxi fare.

I really don't see how hard it is to ride with your luggage, people get on with their strollers/wheelchairs/scooters and manage fine on the bus.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,215 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi fares

look at

aerocar or star limousine as their rates are usually quite reasonable vs a taxi

Vancouver
Level Contributor
349 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi fares

Look at the Island Link bus web site: it says two people can travel from YVR to Horseshoe Bay for $28.48 using Skytrain to Olympic Village and then their bus.