We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aboriginal Restaurant?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Aboriginal Restaurant?

Anyone here knows good aboriginal restaurant in Vancouver?I never try it before so thinking about trying when I'm there next week. I'd also appreciate any recommendation on other ethnic restaurants.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,749 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Aboriginal Restaurant?

http://www.salmonandbannock.net/index.html

Edited: 27 June 2011, 04:07
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,743 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aboriginal Restaurant?

Anthony, you are one of the most interesting visitors on the forums. You've done a lot of homework and want to see different things than most. I think you are going to have a great time on your travels. Anyone who spends 4 days/nights on VIA Rail and more time on Greyhound deserves it. Well .... maybe I'll leave out "having a great time" on the Greyhound part to the east, shudder, but you're a brave man.

I don't know of any First Nations restaurants per se, others might.

But in Stanley Park, near the miniature train, there will be again this summer Klahowya Village which is all things native. And I notice in the write up linked below, they will be offering food.

vancouver.ca/parks/…index.htm

Edited: 27 June 2011, 04:15
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aboriginal Restaurant?

@Mufti : Well, I've been wanting to see Canada for a long time. When I received this long overdue vacation days, I knew this is my chance to do it. That's when I started researching on this site. You guys have been quite helpful throughout the process, and I couldn't have done this without you all. And again, thanks very much for that.

Anyway, I'll check that link. Thanks.

@SamSalmon : Thanks Sam.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aboriginal Restaurant?

The suggestion made by SamSalmon is excellent. I've been there for lunch many times (they're also open for dinner). Their salmon burger (a chunk of salmon in bannock) is my favorite. Also, they have a variety of items on the menu and the staff are very friendly.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aboriginal Restaurant?

Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese is all over the city. Chinese and Vietnamese is more concentrated on the east side of the city. Look on dinehere.ca and chowhound for some recommendations.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
489 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aboriginal Restaurant?

Just another option: yelp.ca/biz/darryls-coffee-and-native-art-sh…

But the first recommendation is the best!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aboriginal Restaurant?

Im one of The owners of Salmon n'Bannock ;) loving The great feed-back ! Also there is a seasonal Aboriginal restaurant at VCC called Wild Salmon open for lunch m-f t'il aug 26 ;)

Parksville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aboriginal Restaurant?

For visitors to Vancouver, VCC is Vancouver Community College and Wild Salmon is part of the Aboriginal culinary arts program. The restaurant is in their downtown campus, 250 West Pender Street.

9. Re: Aboriginal Restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 06:15