We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver - great city!!

New York
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Vancouver - great city!!

Hello,

I don't have a question, just wanted to give some feed back about Vancouver.

We just spent a whole week there and LOVED it.

The city reminded me a little bit of San Francisco, is very picturesque, has a lot to offer, has great vistas and a lot of young, hip neighborhoods.

I was surprised how green the city was, was probably the greenest city I have ever been to.

I was very moved by the messages written on the boards covering the smashed windows. It was quite emotional to read them and it reminded me a little bit of ground zero.

My favourites were a visit to the Aquarium, a walk along the waterside in Stanley Park, Granville Island with that super yummy market and seeing the sunset from the tower (forgot the name but the one with the glass elevator on the outside). Awesome view from above there! Just wish I would have known it's okay to bring the tripod.

All together... another great visit in Canada. We always love going to Canada and find Canadians to be very friendly, open and easy going.

Undine

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver - great city!!

Always love hearing trip reports. Glad you enjoyed yourself. The tower you are thinking of is Harbour Centre. Used to be referred to as Sears Tower when Sears had a store in that building. Summer has arrived very late this year, so hopefully you had a few nice days when you were here.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,852 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver - great city!!

Living in Vancouver sure beats the pants off Glasgow!

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver - great city!!

shhhhhh............. !!! We like to fly under the radar and keep it this way

New York
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vancouver - great city!!

@ SamSalmon,

we were in Scotland and also in Glasgow in April and actually really liked it ;o).

forgot to mention the suspension bridge and the cliff walk... that was also a lot of fun. It shook more than I wanted it to, but it was fun nevertheless.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
28,032 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vancouver - great city!!

[but I bet the pedicures are better value in Glasgow]

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vancouver - great city!!

I absolutely agree with the Op-vancouver is one of our favorite destinations-visit about once a year-never tire of the vistas, the contrasts of the mountain, ocean, and, yes, VC is very green-even those multi storied buildings are "green". We also like the many great restairants-some favorites are, Seasons in the Park, the Tea House (sequoia?), Fish House, the Five sails.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vancouver - great city!!

As for "green" maybe no surprise but Greenpeace was founded in Van

8. Re: Vancouver - great city!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 02:18
9. Re: Vancouver - great city!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 08:19