We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canada Line - service expanding Aug 10

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,193 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Canada Line - service expanding Aug 10

16 trains, up from 14

Weekday peak hours: 6:30 am - 7 pm

Weekend & holidays peak hours: 9 am - 7 pm

Until September 5th, arrival/departure times during peak hours on Translink's online Trip Planner and paper schedule booklets will be out of synch.

Rationale: 1) increase in uni students who will use the U-Pass student fare system beginning Sept 6th and 2) ridership is greater than expected with 116,000 riders per day, instead of the expected 100,000 riders by 2013/14.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canada Line - service expanding Aug 10

Good news for commuters and visitors to Vancouver! What a great idea it was to finally have a high speed rail line to the airport. Love riding the Canada Line!

Ontario
Level Contributor
710 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canada Line - service expanding Aug 10

We are coming to Vancouver Saturday and staying at Coast Vancouver Airport Hotel as my brother in law is a patient at Holy Family Hospital. Will we be able to take the train downtown, maybe to find a great place to eat? Any suggestions on a great romantic restaurant?

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,193 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canada Line - service expanding Aug 10

Yes, take the hotel shuttle to Bridgeport Station. Just a friendly mention that you are actually tagging on with a new question here.

Ontario
Level Contributor
710 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canada Line - service expanding Aug 10

Yes..I do realize this...just started typing....one question led to the other lol

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,867 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canada Line - service expanding Aug 10

Why Bridgeport and not Marine Drive?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,193 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canada Line - service expanding Aug 10

I give up, why? Just distracted by the presence of a new question I guess and noticed only Vancouver Airport.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,867 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canada Line - service expanding Aug 10

Now that your thread is completely hi-jacked I suppose Coast calling a non Airport hotel The Coast Airport is misleading in itself. I thought maybe you knew their shuttle went past the Brighouse Station on the way to the airport but not to the station a 10 minute walk east at Cambie. Either way the hotel can advise their client which station they'll shuttle to. Either will get them downtown, but Marine for a one zone price.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,193 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canada Line - service expanding Aug 10

That's good to know about that shuttle. Thanks.

I'm bringing in a pot of coffee. Cream and sugar?

Ontario
Level Contributor
710 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Canada Line - service expanding Aug 10

Gee...sorry to cause such a stir...at least it kept the thread at the top? Or let me guess, that wasn't the objective? Thanks for the info though.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Canada Line - service expanding Aug 10

To get this thread back on track, the increase of the two trains will only reduce wait times by 30 seconds to 1 minute. The main benefit will be the trains may not be so packed during rush hour.

Also a slight correction the 9AM start only applies to Saturdays, its 10am on Sundays/Holidays.

The main reason for the increase is rationale 2. I've mostly seen students from Langara use the line. I'm sure some UBC and SFU students use the line but 90% of the students get on/off at 49th.

Dave this line has been talked about since the early 80's, it just took the Olympics to bump it to the front of the line of ahead of the Evergreen Line.