We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
What to wear?

Next week I'll take a week Alaska cruise (Holland) out of Seattle after which I'll spend a week in Canada, time divided between Vancouver & Victoria.

Coming from southern CA, I'm baffled on attire. Will jeans do or will it be warm enough for capris? Do I need a jacket or is sweatshirt & wind breaker enough?

On the ship, is the pool an option or is it too cold?

Do people get dressed for dinner or is "business casual" appropriate?

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,276 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear?

If your question is cruise wear, I am not your guy.

Otherwise, jeans is fine as are sweatshirt and wind breaker. Dress with layers to meet all weather conditions.

Next week it will be up to 29C so nice and warm. Shorts and tee's for me!

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear?

Hello tedandbarb,

You'll almost need a little bit of everything. September can be quite warm during the day as we quite often tend to experience an Indian summer.

Bring something in case it rains too, because it is Vancouver. T-shirts and shorts for the day, pants and warm jacket or sweatshirt for the night as it gets quite cool in the evening.

Chris

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,677 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear?

Hi tedandbarb ~

For your cruise questions, post on the Alaska Forum. In fact you could browse the first 3-4 pages of questions on that forum and find your answer without even posting your own question.

For Van, you will need to bring layers. If it is 29C as Dave has forecast (brave guy! to forecast the weather around here) then it could be very much like San Diego in the summer. However, if the clouds come in it can get as cool as 12-13C. For that you will need to have long sleeves and a sleeveless vest handy. Prepare layers and you will be able to adjust your comfort level through the day.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,276 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear?

Agreed Mufti it was a bit brave and perhaps foolhardy but my spidey senses tell me it's going to be toasty next week. That and wunderground!

Extended forecasts for Vancouver, Victoria and Nanaimo below.

wunderground.com/global/stations/71892.html

wunderground.com/global/stations/71799.html

wunderground.com/global/stations/71890.html

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear?

Thanks one & all.

I'll pack a bit of everything & do believe I'll be brave with shorts for the daytime.

6. Re: What to wear?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 03:16