We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Map

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
385 posts
Save Topic
Map

Are there travel maps of the city available at the airport? Or, Where can I get one there. I would like a good map of the city. We are arriving on Friday.

I am still trying to decide what to bring for a coat? I have my umbrella! lol Do you think it is necessary to bring extra shoes? I read that on another thread.

Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Map

Dlin;

if you're in downtown Toronto you can swing by Open Air Books & Maps (Adelaide E at Toronto St) for a good map. It's an amazing shop, with maps of pretty much any city you'd ever plan to travel to (plus a million guide books). Personally, we prefer to pick up a map well before departure as it helps in planning our trip, plus you have it in your bag as soon as you step out of the terminal on arrival:

yelp.ca/biz/open-air-books-and-maps-toronto

You should also be able to get a map of Vancouver at any Chapters/ Indigo store in the GTA.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
392 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Map

You should bring a good raincoat (GoreTex or the like). And yes bring a second set of shoes both of which, IMO, should be waterproof if you plan on doing much outdoor walking. Wet feet equals grumpy guy having a bad time on holidays in my case.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,781 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Map

www.tourismvancouver.com/pdf/downtownvan.pdf

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,198 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Map

I would expect to need two pairs of shoes anyway. One can sit in the hotel room and dry out while you get the other pair wet. Wet shoes need more time to dry off than other kinds of wet things, so having spares is a good idea.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Map

Maps available at the Customer Info counter in the Domestic Arrivals area

yvr.ca/Libraries/Maps/6007_YVRR_Concessions_…

if you don't pick one up there, any hotel front desk/concierge will have some.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
385 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Map

Thank You.

7. Re: Map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2012, 10:20