We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery store near the airport?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
226 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery store near the airport?

Could anyone tell me if there is a grocery store close to the airport?... I have a flight landing late (8pm) and want to pick up my rental car and grab groceries before my friend's flight arrives at 9:40 p.m. Any ideas? (Directions too!). Cheers, Denny

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,604 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery store near the airport?

http://g.co/maps/6cedh

On the above map, you could head to Pricesmart Foods, about 15 minutes from YVR. With your rental car, don't follow the blue route from A. Google Maps doesn't want to play today and doesn't show you a better choice. You can go along with everyone else on the divided Grant McConachie Way until you get to Templeton (which is labeled on the map). Turn south (right) for one block to Miller Drive and then east (left) for a couple of blocks until you get to the right angle in the blue line, then turn south to B and continuing. Zoom in the map for the details.

There are a few T&Ts in Richmond as well. Good prices, but much of their store will be in Mandarin. The shopping area near the airport is home to a very large population of Asian people.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,583 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery store near the airport?

There's a Great Canadian Superstore on No. 3 Road just south of the airport. I can't give you precise directions but go to Google Maps and plug in directions from the Vancouver Int'l Airport to the Great Canadian Superstore on No 3. Road and it'll plug the directions for you. It's only a 10 minute drive south of the airport - pretty close. It stays open pretty late.

Another option is the Safeway which is north of the airport on Granville Street in Vancouver in the neighbourhood of Marpole... but I only advise going to Safeway if you have a Safeway Member card, otherwise you can't take advantage of any of their sales.

Edited: 20 December 2011, 04:32
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,604 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery store near the airport?

Interestingly, the GCS did not show up on a search for grocery stores near YVR.

Here's the map for it, and it seems just a bit closer than Pricesmart.

http://g.co/maps/trcsu

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery store near the airport?

It's Real Canadian Superstore not Great. Any ways the store is open till 11PM so plenty of time for you to buy whatever you need.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,583 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery store near the airport?

Real, Great... Glorified! I just call it "Superstore".

Thanks Techboy :)

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
226 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery store near the airport?

Thanks for your quick replies. I should be good to go now. Excellent. Cheers. Denny.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery store near the airport?

Good morning,

As you leave the airport, you drive into Richmond (where the airport is located). The main grocery stores are Safeway/Save-On/Great Canadian Super Store. They are all open until midnight. Google any one of them for the location near the airport.

8. Re: Grocery store near the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2012, 10:25