We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near the Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle?

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Parking near the Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle?

I just won the Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle via priceline (I was really really hoping for the Bayshore!) and am looking for some alternative parking to the $26.00 per night offered at the hotel location. Does anyone have any suggestions?

What are some of the "Must See" and "Must Eat" places in Vancouver?

Thanks a bunch!

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,829 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking near the Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle?

Pinnacle is a good hotel so you did well. Doubtful you will improve on $26 parking. Some hotels are $40. Must see's are listed all over this page and you'll have to narrow the choices for must eats by explaining your preferences. There is no limit to restaurant choices. I'll start you off with Vancouver's newest steak house: http://www.glowbalgroup.com/blackblue/ and you can check out Glowbal's other restaurants from the same site.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking near the Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle?

Thanks for the response. I am needing to be very cost conscientious since I am a college student. Is there someplace you can park for free (for two nights) and bus into town? Maybe even someplace much cheaper a little farther out? Glad to hear the hotel is good.

As far as restaurants, I think we should do one meal on the water or close by, probably a seafood restaurant. One Chinese/Japanese restaurant. Maybe one normal american grill style that is unique to Vancouver. Price is very important to us. Any suggestions for these?

Thanks for the help guys, I am in your debt.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,589 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking near the Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle?

I stay across the street from the Pinnacle many times at the other Marriott. On top of the pkg rate you will pay a 32% parking tax so be prepared. There is no free parking anywhere in downtown. There is a lot on the same block as Marriott that has overnite pkg for about $8 however you need to move the car before 6 am or 7am. You can park in the residential area around Granville st for free. I did that during the Olympics and just take the bus in.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,829 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking near the Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle?

Waterfront and inexpensive don't go together well but this one is a five minute walk west on the seawall. www.millbistro.ca/The_Mill/Welcome.html Farther along the Seawall are pricier choices called Carderos and The Lift. Google Japa-dog and save enough on lunch to cover the parking. Life is too short to be inconvenienced even for a college student on a budget.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking near the Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle?

If you want to park for free, you can go to the PNE park and ride lot. It's not patrolled though. The bus ride into downtown/hotel would be 20-25 minutes. You could also park at the Bridgeport park and ride. It's $4/day and the train into town takes about 20 minutes.

If you're coming on the weekend you could park at the Easy Park lot at 535 Richards St. It's only $4.50/day. This lot also is not patrolled.

I would avoid JapaDog unless you like eating overpriced hot dogs.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,400 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking near the Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle?

Sam Salmon did some research for another question about overnight parking which is on this thread:

tripadvisor.com/…34614316

You would then take skytrain from the Main st. Station down to Waterfront and then either walk 6 blocks or so to the Marriott or take a cab from in front of Waterfront Station, maybe $7.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking near the Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle?

The only problem with the lot on Quebec is it's $15 per day so it's the same price as the lot on Richards. At least if you park on Richards you can walk to the hotel, if you park on Quebec you have to take the train.

8. Re: Parking near the Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2013, 10:21