We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near the Fairmont V. Waterfront hotel.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Parking near the Fairmont V. Waterfront hotel.

The parking at the Fairmont Waterfront has reached $44/day. Parking in DT Van is expensive, I know, but.....

Unfortunately, we really do need the vehicle to get to a distant suburb of Vancouver ( on alternating days) or we would take the Canada line to FW and use transit around DT.

Is there any parking in the vicinity of Canada Place, good day rates and overnight, that is cheaper than the Waterfront is charging?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,291 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking near the Fairmont V. Waterfront hotel.

There are a lot of EasyPark and Impark parking lots that cater to local office workers and downtown shoppers, but I couldn't tell you their rates without looking them up online. They'd be expensive too (as you're aware), but I'd look up the daily price info on easypark.ca/easypark-lots/locations-and-rate… to get a sense of alternative daily rates.

Note that the few blocks surrounding the Fairmont Waterfront, Canada Place, and the Vancouver Convention Centre are going to be as expensive as it gets. Just moving a few blocks away from those locations, you'll probably notice the price decreasing.

Edited: 31 January 2012, 08:15
Canada
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking near the Fairmont V. Waterfront hotel.

Thank you Robyn!

The EasyPark option looks good; the rates are more reasonable.

Calgary has a reputation for very high DT parking rates as well, but $44/day seemed a bit high even by our standards. The 21% tax is what the Fairmont Waterfront had mentioned as causing the increase in their parking rates since the last time we were there.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking near the Fairmont V. Waterfront hotel.

I don't know how many days you're parking overnight or if this is worth it for you but Social Shopper has a deal on a montly parking pass at Canada Place, right across from the Fairmont W. for $112.50 + $39.96 tax. Or a daily for $12.00 + $4.26 for overnight parking, you'll need 1 for each calendar day. So let's say $24.00 plus tax for overnight.

http://www.socialshopper.com/vancouver_1884

Edited: 31 January 2012, 22:06
Canada
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking near the Fairmont V. Waterfront hotel.

Thank you BumbleBee. That is quite a good offer for the monthly pass; I will see if it can work as we have two trips scheduled. (Even the non deal rates are better than Calgary's monthly parking rates!)

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking near the Fairmont V. Waterfront hotel.

How far would this to be to Fairmont Pacific Rim? http://www.socialshopper.com/vancouver_1884

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,123 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking near the Fairmont V. Waterfront hotel.

About 300 meters.

wgr
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking near the Fairmont V. Waterfront hotel.

Jason, you asked about the distance but on a thread that was also discussing a Social shopper special which ended in February, 2012.

The current cruise ship rate is $23 per day (including usurious taxes) or $184 per week (which makes no sense as that works out to more than the daily rate but that is what their website says.)

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,134 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking near the Fairmont V. Waterfront hotel.

when I stay at the Rennaissance which is walking distance to the Fairmonts there are several garages nearby that offer overnite for about $10 or so. I do believe its from 7pm to 7 am so you have to move your car, but if it works its a lot cheaper.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking near the Fairmont V. Waterfront hotel.

Thanks everyone. Vinci parking told me I could use the exhibitor rate for a convention at $23 a day with in and out privledges.  It seems fairly close(300 meters as wgr stated) to the Pacific Rim which has parking for $43 a day.

Edited: 02 July 2012, 11:38
Doylestown...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking near the Fairmont V. Waterfront hotel.

Meant to write that MuftiMixandmatch knew the 300 meter distance. Thanks.