We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking car at ferry terminal?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Parking car at ferry terminal?

I am wondering if there is parking available at the ferry terminal south of Vancouver and if so how expensive?

I am thinking of not taking the car over on the ferry to Victoria but parking it there and just using public transportation once we get there. Then on the return we could pick up the car and go back to our hotel.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,151 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking car at ferry terminal?

Yes parking is available and yes it's expensive.

One of the burdens of a rental car is expensive parking-you're either going to pay to park downtown or @ the ferry terminal.

Taking Greyhound from downtown to downtown is a cheaper more convenient option.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking car at ferry terminal?

We are staying on Robson St. So we should be able to take the greyhound bus to the ferry dock and back?

Do you know where the pick ups would be or what the cost is ?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking car at ferry terminal?

I would suggest taking Pacific Coach Lines if you are going to be going from downtown Vancouver to Victoria.

Check out the website www.pacificcoach.com

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking car at ferry terminal?

I checked Pacific coach and they want $78 round trip Vancouver to Victoria.

If I take my own car to the ferry and pay to park and take the ferry do you think it might be a lot cheaper?

We will have three people so Pacific Coach would be $234!

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
260 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking car at ferry terminal?

beach traveler, how long do you plan to be in Victoria? it might be handy to have the car if you are not against driving. if you take the odd hour ferries (7, 9, 11, etc.), you will get the superferries. the drive on the Island is great! You can dock at Swartz Bay and drive up Island and take the Nanaimo ferry back into the lower mainland. the drive and the vistas are not to be missed.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking car at ferry terminal?

Well we are debating on just spending a day in Victoria and the Buchart Gardens or possibly one night.

If its only for the day we could take the car over or leave it behind. We are trying to investigate our options.

Thanks

Port Alberni, BC
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking car at ferry terminal?

I would take your vehicle and drive across. For 3 people its apx $50-$60 each way. Much cheaper when you add the parking, walk on fee which i think is $20 each round trip, public transportation costs and inconvenience of not having your own vehicle. Other wise it would cost you alittle over $60 for the 3 of you to walk on both sides, I believe twassen (i know i spelled that totally worng lol) parking is up the road and there is a shuttle. I'm pretty sure that is $7/day but its not well protected or anything. If you call BC Ferries or search their website it should tell you exact parking fee's. If you park at the terminal itself its alot more expensive but a bit safer.