We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Corporate Suites

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury Corporate Suites

Hi,

I'm just wanting to know if anyone has booked through this company before and if they are reliable. We are traveling from Australia and would prefer an apartment rather than a hotel.

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Corporate Suites

We have just booked into Sandman Suites on Davey in Vancouver which is a one bedroom apartment -- 4 nights worked out at $730(Aus) for two of us - arriving early May 2012.

They look OK

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,400 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Corporate Suites

Hi PJJRK ~ welcome to the forum

Hard to say. Just explored their website. I notice they have a number of suites in their catalogue but only two to choose from to rent. Don't know what that could mean. They seem to have photos of ordinary suites that you would stay in anywhere as well as more high end suites. Couldn't really find the justification for the "luxury" part but it may just mean that I couldn't locate the luxury ones. The BBB has no record of them, let alone a rating, which means no one has complained to BBB about them.

Here is one review of a place managed by them on TA. Again, when I look at it I would say high end, not luxury.

tripadvisor.ca/VacationRentalReview-g154943-…

Here's another one that is in Richmond, about 30 min drive from downtown Van, but the reviewer talks about it as though it is in downtown Vancouver. Strange.

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g154943…

My only comment would be that just because an owner advertises on TA's vacation rentals does not mean they have been vetted by TA. An owner pays their rate to advertise, that's it. I have read on other forums how people have had troubles (in general) making bookings, getting confirmation numbers as well as the owner asking for different terms and conditions than are posted on the vacation rental listings. Of course, we don't know how many bookings are made successfully as those folks don't come back on TA to get help with that "problem."

One rental agency that has a proven reputation is vrbo.com (Vacation Rentals by Owner) and you could be reassured with renting one of their suites.

Maybe some of the others will chip in with more thoughts.

Edit: one other idea I just had would be to look at Sunset Inn and Suites on TA. They are a well respected property.

Edited: 02 March 2012, 00:44
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury Corporate Suites

Just mt 2 cents about the BBB ( Better Business Bureau ) . You may know this but it is not a government agency but a private company that it's members pay to get accredited. Just because a company has not joined does not mean they are a bad company. There has been some issues with the BBB in the last few years, see the link.

cbc.ca/news/…bc-betterbusiness.html

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,400 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury Corporate Suites

Just a little more about the BBB. I'm glad to see that article from the CBC, Rustproof, that's very interesting. It is fully funded by the membership fees that businesses pay, on a sliding scale from small business to large. It gives one pause for conflict of interest when a complaint from a consumer comes in. It recently also "merged" (for want of a better term) with the American group and gets its marching orders from them.

If a person makes a complaint about any company, member of not, BBB will open a file. It goes through a process and comes to a conclusion. In any case, every business that garners a complaint goes into the data bank for the BBB and data about their complaints history is posted.

To not have a complaint at BBB is a good sign, whether a member or non member company.

I far from stand up for BBB. A few years ago, I once filed a complaint and found the process to be disjointed with poor communication/information from the BBB office. In the end, the complaints resolution officer rushed my last conversation and said something like, I'll add this to the file then. Yet, he actually closed the file, before I was ready to have it closed.

I use BBB often though. I look for # of complaints filed in the last 3 years, how many were resolved, # of customers not satisfied with the company's response, no responses from company. Then I might look at the letter grade. But by this time, I will have given them my own letter grade, I think. :-)

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury Corporate Suites

I don't know much about that company. I've used this site before successfully for trips to other parts of Canada when I was looking for a furnished apartment. http://www.canadaextendedstay.com. The site lists several options for Vancouver. You can email them and ask for suggestions. Good luck.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,900 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury Corporate Suites

We just stayed at L'Hermitge Hotel which is condo suites. Great place Full kitchens, washers,dryers in the units. Great location. They ave all type af units. They have a 800 number. You may want to consider this place . Units are big.

Edited: 15 April 2012, 03:30
Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,829 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury Corporate Suites

I generally don't comment once someone has chosen a hotel unless it is a real dive and the Sandman is not. But since it was brought up...If you can get L'Hermitge Hotel for anything close to the same price it would be a hotel upgrade even though you would miss the buzz of Davie Street and all its bars/restaurants and nearness to the water.

Edited: 15 April 2012, 03:42
London, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury Corporate Suites

I know this thread is a bit old, but thought I'd reply. I just completed my stay at one of their suites at Smithe/Seymour. It was actually really fantastic. The suite had a dishwasher, washer, dryer, and was stocked with cookware. It was very clean, and the location was fantastic.

It was also the cheapest thing by far, especially for the quality and location of the place.

They met us at the suite (for free) to give us the keys, etc. - and the checkout procedure was to just lock the door and slide the key underneath.

Highly recommended!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury Corporate Suites

Thanks Seputus. It's not too late. We are going in Summer. How did you get your key delivery for free? I have been charged $30. The suite we have booked seems to have everything we need as well. Can't wait.

London, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxury Corporate Suites

Hi PJJRK, hmm - well I had been emailing them to clarify parts of the check-in/out procedure, e.g. because their site says you have to drop off the keys to their office (located 1km or so from the airport, so very inconvenient) - but they replied back stating they don't charge for key delivery, and checkout is just by locking the door and sliding the key underneath -- all of which was perfect!

It might be that they only provide the service for free if a certain number of nights is reserved. In any case, whenever I deal with apartments vs. hotels, I do recommend emailing the company with any clarifications you have - and then should you get a favourable reply, print off the email as proof.