We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver Starbucks mug?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver, bc
Level Contributor
468 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Vancouver Starbucks mug?

I live here in Vancouver and looking for souvenirs to take to LA.

I thought the Starbucks "Vancouver" mug would be a great idea, of course every Starbucks i have checked does not have it. I guess it has run it's course and now they have a new line of non-Vancouver mugs.

Any other suggestions, it is for an adult male. Thanks!!

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver Starbucks mug?

Canucks t-shirt ??

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver Starbucks mug?

If not a mug then coffee? You would have to check if there are any issues taking it to the U.S. I think not. http://www.granvilleislandcoffee.com/

has a line of coffee named after Vancouver neighbourhoods such as Kitsilano and Yaletown. It is of course just marketing.

You could also bring one of the better B.C. wines. It can be difficult to find any B.C. wines outside of B.C.

You of course can find mugs with flags and Vancouver on them in any of those touristy shops, especially in Gastown, but that may be too tacky.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,050 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver Starbucks mug?

Coffee Crisp is a uniquely Canadian chocolate bar, and our Smarties are different. On my recent trip, I took bottles of ice wine, because they are only 200 mL, so I could take 5 of them within my 1L duty free limit.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,351 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vancouver Starbucks mug?

I often take packages of smoked salmon.. locally produced and always enjoyed.

Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
493 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vancouver Starbucks mug?

Vancouverite6,

The ice wine sounds like a fun idea. Where did you buy it? Any particular name to look for?

Assuming if not at the airport you had to pack it in checked in bag? Thanks LL

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vancouver Starbucks mug?

Or go on Twitter and ask Vicki @StarbucksCanada to find out about a mug for you!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,802 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vancouver Starbucks mug?

don't want to steer you wrong but I went to the Starbucks in Canada Place and Waterfront ctr and thought I saw Starbucks mugs there each time. Don't want to send you on a wild goose chase but you might want to call them.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,050 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vancouver Starbucks mug?

I just went to the gov't liquor store and looked at the ice wines on the shelf. Many of them are packed in boxes or cylinders, making them easy to put in checked luggage. I went with Inniskillen ($35/bottle) but there are several options. I can tell you that the Inniskillen was wonderful though. The staff at the liquor stores are usually quite knowledgeable, so just ask someone for help.

Canada is known for its ice wine, so its a good choice.

Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
493 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vancouver Starbucks mug?

Thank you for the reply on ice wine. Govt liquor store is located where? I will check this out when I get in Vancouver as I think great idea on a unique gift. LL

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,013 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vancouver Starbucks mug?

The government liquor store refers to the BC Liquor Stores - a chain of government-regulated liquor stores that exist all over the city. Some have better selections than others. There's a map listing the locations on the website:

http://www.bcliquorstores.com/

FYI - Liquor isn't sold at grocery stores here - they're sold in liquor stores.

Ice wine's delicious, but it's a really syrupy sweet dessert style of wine. If you're not into dessert wines, I'd forego the icewine and try something else - local cider (I'm a big fan of Sea Cider), or local craft beer (Howe Sound Brewery and Phillip's Brewing are amazing). Of course, ice wine has the narrow bottles, so it's easier to pack. So it's your call.

Note that the BC Liquor stores aren't the only liquor stores - there are certainly other stores that carry better selections depending on the products (Legacy Liquor Store for spirits, Brewery Creek for craft beer, Everything Wine for wine). You may wish to drop by Swirl Wines in Yaletown - they sell nothing but wines made in BC.

Edited: 04 April 2012, 02:20