We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

canada line and cab to hotel

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
89 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
canada line and cab to hotel

Hello! We are arriving at YVR in a couple of days time. Initially, we planned to take Canada Line then a bus to our hotel in Kingsway, the Best Western Plus Uptown. However, after packing and surveying our luggage, I'm having second thoughts. We have two pieces of luggage that can be wheeled and two pieces of mid-sized duffel type of handcarry. There are three of us (two parents, one child). With this amount of luggage, will it be difficult wheeling them into and out of the train? Should we just spend for a cab instead? If Canada Line is feasible, we take Canada Line to Waterfront, get down at Broadway City Hall Station Northbound (according to translink). At this point, instead of taking the bus, we plan to take a cab to our hotel. Are cabs plentiful and easy to hail in this area? Many thanks in advance.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,415 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: canada line and cab to hotel

Hi travelite_go ~

According to taxime.ca, it will cost you about $40 to take a taxi to BW Uptown. I would do that, much more convenient with that much luggage..

You can use taxime.ca . Enter 'YVR' and then 'Best Western Uptown, Vancouver' and note the route used that would cost about $40.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,056 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: canada line and cab to hotel

Take a $30-40 taxi from the airport direct. It will be cheaper for three than Canada Line plus a taxi.

Edited: 08 May 2012, 15:53
Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
89 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: canada line and cab to hotel

Thanks, Mufti and Alegre. I wanted to save by using faresavers but with our various pieces of luggage, I guess it's not possible. A cab it shall be. Thanks again!

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: canada line and cab to hotel

It depends on what time you arrive, the bus ride from broadway/city hall station to the hotel is around 5 minutes. However during rush hour the buses on Broadway are very packed.

5. Re: canada line and cab to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:40