We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Reservations

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Ferry Reservations

I m traveling fom Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay in August. We are dropping our rental car before we get on the ferry.. Can I make a reservation for the ferry if we are not travelling with a car?

Mentioned in this post
Nanaimo
Nanaimo
Vancouver Island, Canada
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Reservations

No need-just walk on.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Reservations

Sam's right but just to take it a bit further, you can not make a reservation as a foot passenger. Arrive 30 minutes early. Ticket sales are cut off 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure time. If a large queue for an agent, there are ticket vending machines just to the right of the departure lounge doors at Departure Bay Ferry Terminal.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,134 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Reservations

I have seen foot passengers turned away due to max numbers on the ship. So if you are going on the August long weekend, make sure you get there that 30 minutes early.

4. Re: Ferry Reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 23:42