We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

footwear questions...

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Trenton, ON
Level Contributor
187 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
footwear questions...

Coming from balmy Ontario where we are in a heat wave and in sandals - wondering if I should bring them with me next week to Vanc....Are pple wearing their sandals there yet or no?

AND

Trying to decide whether to pack hiking shoes for the Capilano Pacific Trail - or will sneakers be good enough for that?

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,355 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: footwear questions...

Sneakers and sandals..we aren't having a heat wave but people have been wearing sandals since April.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: footwear questions...

Sneakers should be fine for the trail, but we have had a fair amount of liquid sunshine so it may be a bit muddy.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,278 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: footwear questions...

I'd bring sneakers. This week has seen a variety of weather: rain, showers, clearing, sun, cloud, stop/start rain. Who know what next week will bring?

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
580 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: footwear questions...

Lynn,

I think the trial you're referring to is Cleveland Dam down to Park Royal? If so, sneakers are fine for the trail - I walk that trail often - it's a busy trail used daily by lots of walkers, dogs, etc. It's not really considered hiking!!

As far sandals, yes, bring them...unless it's pouring with rain (as it often does here), we were them year round!

enjoy your trip,

lwbc

Trenton, ON
Level Contributor
187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: footwear questions...

lwbc ;

Yes, it is the trail from the Dam to Ambleside park that I am referring to. So, I am glad to hear that sneakers will be fine as suitcase already heavier than I want it to be! Looking forward to a nice scenic trail....

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
580 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: footwear questions...

Lynn, nothing worse that an overloaded suitcase when you still want to put more stuff in it!! That's a great walk - if you've got time, there is also a nice walk/loop we do quite often also on the North Shore - Lynn Headwaters. It's a wide flat area beside a gorgeous river - you can venture off onto various loops into the forest of you want - or not. Getting there would be depending on whether or not you have a car.

Hope you enjoy your visit to Vancouver next week...you might get a few showers so bring your umbrella!

lwbc

7. Re: footwear questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 09:16