We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grouse Mountain Zip Line for Seniors?

Bellingham...
11 posts
Save Topic
Grouse Mountain Zip Line for Seniors?

Hi, my parents will be visiting me in in Bellingham, and I'd like to take them to do something different. I was thinking about the zip lines at Grouse Mountain, but both my parents are near 80 and have some mobility issues; would it be too much for them? Do you need to hike to get to the zip line area? They're up for adventure, but do have some issues.

Thanks in advance.

1. Re: Grouse Mountain Zip Line for Seniors?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 June 2012, 04:39
Bellingham...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grouse Mountain Zip Line for Seniors?

What?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,184 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grouse Mountain Zip Line for Seniors?

Welcome to the forum, Brenda,

Here is information from the mountain that gives you some specs and details:

http://www.grousemountain.com/zipline

And here are some reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g154943-d2…

On the left side of that first link, you will see a contact us. When you open that you will find an email address. If you don't get a response here from someone who has done that activity, I would suggest you email them with their questions, especially about the mobility issues.

Another resource that seems to have an example of everything under the sun is You Tube. Here's a video from there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35cq7kpCrak

Hope this helps.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grouse Mountain Zip Line for Seniors?

It would be too much for them to do if they have mobility challenges. There’s plenty of walking on graveled paths with inclines, stairs to climb up and down, and they have to wear and uncomfortable harness that's attached to a contraption that they have to carry around from line to line that weighs 10lbs (okay maybe a bit of exaggeration ... more like 3lbs).

My parents are in their mid 75's and also have mobility issues (knee and back problems). There's no way they would do this, due the the amount of walking. Doesn't seem alot for us young folks as it's actually a very easy hike.

Edited: 26 June 2012, 20:04
Bellingham...
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grouse Mountain Zip Line for Seniors?

Thanks for the info Bumblebee! Just what I was looking for. Since I've never done it myself, wasn't sure what was involved.

Seattle
Level Contributor
19 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grouse Mountain Zip Line for Seniors?

Hi, I'm just worried about my 2 seniors being able to walk up to the Bird show. Do you all know if they might have a golf cart or something to help senior citizens get from the movie theater up to the Bird show? The map makes it look like a daunting climb for them.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,184 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grouse Mountain Zip Line for Seniors?

Hi momziekins ~

The ground is somewhat hilly, with dirt pathways but won't be like the zip line access. It will depend on how mobile your seniors are. I would think you would be responsible for a wheelchair, which in itself might be a bit of a push for someone. But why don't you contact the mountain to ask your question ...

guestservices@grousemountain.com

I would also suggest that for another time you post a new question. You triggered activity on this thread for which I got a notification. Bumblebee will also get a notification. Others would likely not see your question here but they would if you posted a fresh question.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grouse Mountain Zip Line for Seniors?

Personally I would avoid this for your parents. I did the EcoZip trek in Whistler, lots of stairs, harnessing in etc...

9. Re: Grouse Mountain Zip Line for Seniors?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 11:15