We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wat part of Vancouver should we stay in?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles area
Level Contributor
77 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Wat part of Vancouver should we stay in?

In August, we will be arriving by train from Seattle. We'll stay one night, then rent a car to visit Whistler for a night, return for a night, and then leave for Victoria. So I'd like to have easy public transportation from the train, to the Pacific Coach lines ferry (which I think will pick us up by bus?), and access to a car rental place. Oh, and did I mention I'd like to keep it reasonable, for a family of 4, 2 adult sons? Thanks for any suggestions.

Victoria, B.C.
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wat part of Vancouver should we stay in?

Unless there is a particular reason (e.g. family gathering or similar) that you have planned your trip this way, may I suggest an alternative?

Go first to Victoria - because Pacific Coach Lines is in the same building/terminal as the train. So you could get off the train, hopefully not have to wait too long to board the bus, and be in Victoria about 4 hrs. later.

This would likely make for a long day - and you might miss some of the scenery on the ferry ride (but could see it on the way back) - but it would negate the need to stay over in Vancouver that first night simply in order to start your trip the next day.

On the way back, you could plan to take an *early* bus/ferry to Vancouver, rent the car & carry on up to Whistler ... stay the night, etc.

Just a thought :-).