We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the BEST hotel in Vancouver?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
What is the BEST hotel in Vancouver?

There are so many top rated hotels in Vancouver that I am having a hard time deciding where to stay. What is absolutely the best hotel in Vancouver? This is a late anniversary trip with my husband so I want to splurge. I'd prefer somewhere that won't be overly crowded. We are going in October. Thanks!

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the BEST hotel in Vancouver?

Is a definitive answer even possible? Each has their own ideas of what makes one better than the other. Personally I'd say the Shangri La or the Loden but I am confident others will suggest differently.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,490 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the BEST hotel in Vancouver?

For service alone the Shangri La definitely.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,674 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the BEST hotel in Vancouver?

You might list the top 4 requirements of a hotel that matter to you in prioritized order. Then you'll get somewhere.

wgr
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the BEST hotel in Vancouver?

If service, newness, a fabulous see and be seen bar and great food right in the centre of town are among your criteria, then I suggest the Hotel Georgia with Hawksworth as a very welcome addition to an already crowded food scene.

Shangri La for service? I have not stayed there but Market, the restaurant is definitely hit and miss. In my case, mostly miss. I like the Loden but I do not think it hits the level of luxury and service you are aspiring to.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the BEST hotel in Vancouver?

Ok, here are my top 4 attributes I am looking for in a hotel:

1. Cleanliness (though I'm assuming all the luxury hotels are spotless)

2. Modern/up to date rooms. Doesn't have to be super sheek, just not dated and old looking.

3. Located within walking distance of most touristy areas, good bars, and restaurants

4. Service

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the BEST hotel in Vancouver?

Also I don't need to stay somewhere that is super trendy and pretentious.

wgr
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the BEST hotel in Vancouver?

Yep, I think the Georgia will fit your criteria. It's brand new but in effect a refurbishment of an old. Great service, not snooty. Very good restaurant (Hawksworth) and across the street from an excellent seafood restaurant (Yew) at the Four Seasons, lovely outdoor interrior bar; and as central as you can get with easy access to Canada Line or Skytrain (each one block) and buses to just about anywhere. Across the street from the Vancouver Art Gallery and Robson Square and a 3-4 block walk to the waterfront.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,162 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the BEST hotel in Vancouver?

Agree with wgr - the Rosewood Hotel Georgia would be my first pick too in this situation for the aforementioned reasons. Look up the TripAdvisor reviews to see what people are saying.

Edited: 30 August 2012, 20:10
9. Re: What is the BEST hotel in Vancouver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2013, 10:16