We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay to Nanimo

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
141 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay to Nanimo

I am thinking about flying into Vancouver spending a few days and then I want to walk on the ferry at Horseshoe Bay to Nanimo. Can I easily take public transit from Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,108 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay to Nanimo

Hi basebrat ::

Go to westbound Georgia St at Seymour for the #257 Horseshor Bay bus to the ferry terminal - about 40 minutes. The bus lets you off at the ferry ticket booth, then you walk on the ferry. The ride is 1.5 hours to Departure Bay, then you take #2 bus from Departure Bay into Downtown Nanaimo.

Www.translink.ca

Edited: 08 September 2012, 02:56
Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay to Nanimo

It is as easy that basebrat. We often take public transit from downtown Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal and it really is as seamless as it seems.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ecotourism
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay to Nanimo

You could take either the 257 (Horseshoe Bay Express) or 250 (Horseshoe Bay). The 257 is, of course, faster, but can be more crowded depending on time of day, and you may be less likely to get a seat.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,108 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay to Nanimo

I would not recommend the 250, it is the milk run and will add 13 minutes to the travel time.

5. Re: Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay to Nanimo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2013, 10:17