We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Grand or Sutton Place-which is nicer

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Grand or Sutton Place-which is nicer

We're trying to decide between staying at the Westin Grand and Sutton Place. Some of the reviews have said that Sutton Place has slipped a bit. Would love to hear from folks who have stayed at both hotesl or either one of them.

PS --I know everyone talks about the Wedgewood, but that's a bit pricey for us.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Grand or Sutton Place-which is nicer

im not sure if you have found all your information already as you have posted some time ago, however....

Sutton Place is downtown Vancouver's only 5 Star hotel. I too, agree that it is not really the nicest hotel Vancover has however, the location is good. The Westin Grand is not in a fantastic area, but is a newer and nicer hotel. Judging by you price ballpark, I would suggest the Westin Bayshore, The Marriott Pinnacle, even the Sheraton Wall Centre. I could go on.. but I would suggest those ones as they can be reasonably priced and are in great locations.

Have a wonderful time!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Grand or Sutton Place-which is nicer

I haven't actually stayed at either but I know many people who have stayed at the Westin Grand and have visited the rooms. Every room I have seen has been a very nicely decorated suite with a separate bedroom. The living room areas all had a fridge, microwave, dishes etc. Which is very handy if you are traveling with children.

Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Grand or Sutton Place-which is nicer

Dl Savvytravel Agent to the rescue here ... If the quality of the bed is important the Westin -- a heavenly bed ! In my histerically historic perspective the "hotel" is the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel and a Gold Room! Of course the Coast Vancouver is nice as well.

The Sutton Place Hotel, a perennial Cond�� Nast Traveler Gold List favourite and one of Travel and Leisure���s Top 500 list, is located in the heart of the city, just steps from the arts and entertainment districts, and within walking distance of the chic boutiques on Robson Street - one of Canada's most popular shopping areas.

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Grand or Sutton Place-which is nicer

Sutton Place

Wonderful staff, room, bar staff all remembered our names & couldn't have been nicer. Our room was upgraded to 20th floor & couldn't be faulted, they all made our stay memorable

New York, NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Grand or Sutton Place-which is nicer

Being originally from Vancouver, I usually go back to Vancouver yearly. I have stayed at both hotels Sutton Place and Westin Grand on my way to Whistler.

I prefer the Sutton Place. The Westin is nice, but not so central. The restaurant is ok...typical hotel restaurant. Sutton Place was more centrally located compared to Westin and you still have the option of walking down Robson Street if you prefer something different.

I personally like Sutton Place more. If it has slipped...I didn't notice it.

Tokyo/Vancouver
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Grand or Sutton Place-which is nicer

The Westin Grand is very nice but I still prefer The Sutton Place. The staff is meticulous and friendly. If it has slipped at all, I doubt that anyone would notice.

Please do not even consider The Westin Bayshore as an option - it is unfortunate.

Thank you.

england
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin Grand or Sutton Place-which is nicer

hi there i had the westin bayshore top of list but now you have me worried.

why do say do not stay there, what alternatives do u suggest with 2 teenage boys

i did think about the pan pacific, but i do like a large room and i like a balcony if possible any suggestions